Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Isambard

Default BEATRICE FLORENCE BELSEY BECKER

Beatrice Florence Belsey, daughter of John Belsey, sister of William Charles John Belsey, aunt of Oliver Thomas Besley, was born abt 1877 in Lambeth, Surrey.

Ontario vital statistics lists Beatrice Florence Belsey Becker, father John Belsey, marriage to Charles William Cropley.

When did this marriage occur? Was Beatrice previously married to a Becker? When? When did Beatrice emigrate to Canada?

Thanks for help.

Isambard

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Beatrice was still in England in 1891 with Father John, Mother Victoria 36 Brother Hodderton Abraham T. 17 & William 10.

Victoria nee Roberts married John Belsey June 1/4 1873

1901 has widowed John 56 with son 'Tearce' 27( looks more like 'Tearol' & William 20.Hodderton married in Dec.1/4 1909 at Southwark to:
    Mary Annie ELLEN of Annie Florence LARKINS.

FreeBMD has a William J.T. Belsey x Larkins b. Southwark Sep.1/4 1914.

A few Belseys left UK for Canada around 1909+- but I have no credits left to check them out, sorry.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Isambard

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Beatrice was still in England in 1891 with Father John, Mother Victoria 36 Brother Hodderton Abraham T. 17 & William 10.

1901 has widowed John 56 with son 'Tearce' 27( looks more like 'Tearol' & William 20.Hodderton married in Dec.1/4 1909 at Southwark to:

A few Belseys left UK for Canada around 1909+- but I have no credits left to check them out, sorry.
    Thank you Waitabit. Amazing how fast one can burn through a bundle of credits when on the hunt.

Isambard

greann

Hello Isambard,
    I found the marriage of Beatrice Florence Belsay to Charles Cropley.
    March 3, 1920 Almonte, Lanark, Ontario.
    Charles is the widower of Agnes Teresa Sheech??, and Beatrice is the widow of Frank Becker.
    I'll see what else I can find.
    Ann

greann

In the 1911 Canadian Census..........
    Mrs Beatrice Becker - widow - born May 1876 Pennington, London
    Frank Becker - son - Born 1900 England
    Elsie Becker - daughter - born 1901 england
    Address - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Elsie married William Elmer Puckett 20 August, 1924 Carleton, Lanark, Ontario

William FRANK Becker born January 9, 1899 London, england was in the 42 regiment of the 130 Batallion of the CAF. REG#787908
    He was killed in action at the age of 44 in Italy 24 May, 1944
    He never married.
    Ann

greann

I found Beatrice in the 1901 England Census..........
    Beatrice Belsey - Head - age 24 - Single - waitress
    Franz William Belsey - son - age 1
    Elsie Belsey - daughter - age 5 months
    Fulham, London, England
    Ann

Isambard

Thanks for all the above Ann.

It's interesting that Beatrice Besley was single with two children (Belsey surnames) in 1901 and then was Beatrice Becker, widow with the two children now Beckers in 1911. A story to be investigated. Sounds as if the children's father might have been a Franz Becker. Now to find Beatrice and children's arrival in Canada.

Isambard

Isambard

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post

"Hodderton" was Hoddesdon Abraham Tearse Belsey -what a magnificent name! He was born in Hodders Daw, Broxbourne Ware, Hertfordshire, abt Dec 1873. I wonder whether Hoddesdon was an invented name or whether it came from family heritage, along with Abraham and Tearse?

Isambard

v.wells

On your other thread Hoddesdon was transcribed as Haddington on one of the passenger lists I found for you if I remember. I think either way it is a marvelous name. I wonder if the "T" in William's name stands for Tearse - which could be his mother's maiden name, or have you sorted all that out? Hoddesdon taken from Hodders Daw?

terrysfamily

Don't know if this is of any use to you?

GROOM'S LAST NAME: BELSEY
    GROOM'S GIVEN NAMES: WILLIAM CHARLES JOHN
    BRIDE'S LAST NAME: BUSH
    BRIDE'S GIVEN NAMES: MARGARET GERTRUDE
    DATE OF MARRIAGE: 20/11/1909
    PLACE OF MARRIAGE: WPG
    REGISTRATION NUMBER: 1909,002794
    REGISTRATION DATE:

I found it on on https://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast