Chalkie

Default Pewsey - WHITE/MERCER/STICKLER/WISE

Researching WHITE family Pewsey, currently back to Thomas WHITE b.1778. Interested in any other researcher with these names in his tree

Mortlake, London (where the Boat Race ends)

Post Isaac & Jonathan White

I have Issac WHITE born c.1837 who married Jane Hillier DAVIS on the 14th of October 1854 in Burbage, Wiltshire (registered in Pewsey). I believe Isaac's father was Jonathan WHITE.

Adelaide

Smile White Wiltshire

Hi

I have a Thomas White father of Abraham born 12 Jan 1806 Tochenham Wiltshire. His son Jabez born Aug 1834 Tochenham married Mary Tinsley born 1836 Stratford Essex. Their children Phoebe born 12 Dec 1866 Greenwich, Thomas born 1874 Woolwich, Abraham born 1862 Plumsted, Annie born 1871 & Robert born 1881.

Regards

Adelaide

mr sandbanx

Default Mercer/Earle

My Great grandfather Robert Mercer and his family were Blacksmiths in Pewsey. Robert was married to Rose Emma Mason.

Their daughter, Lily May Mercer married Frederick Sutcliffe Earle of Northleach Gloucestershire.

Lily and Frederick's son William, was my father.

I have a bit more information regarding the Mercers of Pewsey and Milton Lilbourne.

Regards.

mr sandbanx

The Mercer family

Robert Mercer, who was, along with his brother Albert, the village Blacksmith at Milton Lilbourne, Wiltshire, was the son of William and Susan Mercer. William was born at the village of Pewsey in 1842. Susan came from Oare, Wilcott, Wiltshire (a few miles north of Pewsey) and was born in 1843. At the time of the 1881 census, William and Susan had the following children: Harry (b: 1866), Mary Jane (1870), Robert (1872), Elizabeth (1874), Ernest (1877) and Albert (1880). Susan Mercer, great grandmother to William Alan Earle, died in the March quarter of 1903 at the age of 59.

William Mercer was a bricklayer’s labourer (in both the 1881 and 1901 census).

Robert Mercer married Rose Emma Mason (Rosa E. Mason according to the 1881 census), who was born 1879 in Shipton, Hampshire. Rosa was the youngest daughter of David and Mary Ann Mason (nee: Smart) who lived at the “Farmhouse”, Shipton, Bellinger, Hampshire along with their other children: Charles (b: 1870), James (1873), Elizabeth (1877). David Mason’s occupation in 1881 was “groom”. He was born in Crofton, Wiltshire in 1835. Mary Ann Smart was born in Marlborough, Wiltshire in the June quarter of 1845.

The tiny village of Milton Lilbourne, where Robert and Rose Mason lived in “Rose Cottage” is situated about three miles to the east of Pewsey.

Chalkie

Smile MERCERS - Pewsey

If you would like to contact me direct I have some earlier info on the MERCERS.

I am decendend from Roberts' fathers' (William) brother John.

contact me on [email protected] (underscore either side of 'at')

Nigel