I wonder if anyone can help with a lookup. I am trying to trace a relative who according to his marriage certificate (of which I have the original) is called Alfred William Page, yet according to one of those little cards printed following his death was Alfred Henry Page.

According to the certificate, at the time of his marriage on 15/4/1906 he was aged 22, so that puts his birth c1884. His father according to the cert is William Page. He was married in Poplar, London, so I am guessing that he grew up there at least.

However, neither I nor my friend can find a link in the 1901 census. I also looked in the 1891 and no joy there. Unless I'm being particularly thick (I was looking up several different things prior to that!), we cannot find this man. My friend has had the same problem where whole families use their middle names, and has advised me to look for anyone with the middle name of Alfred instead.

Is anyone able to look into this for me, and see if they can help me find him? I'm fairly new to all this, and I'd hate to have to give up at such an early stage! Thanks!