Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cazm17

I haven't had a chance to finish checking the leads for the Page family yet. I have confirmed that the Wilson family was the wrong one, and did find what I hope to be the right one this time - the occupation certainly at least matches what he's listed as on his daughter's marriage certificate. That shows Rebecca has having a sister called "Ellen".

Once I get back to the family history centre or subscribe to Ancestry I should be able to finish following up all those leads... Watch this space I guess.

cazm17

Default Mystery slowly unravelling

Bought the bullet and got an ancestry subscription to do my own investigatory work, as this is just fascinating stuff!

Finally found the Alfred referred to by Geoffers which for some reason was indexed as him being 19, not 17, which was why it was a little difficult to find until I went in and looked at the actual images. A little investigation on the 1901 and 1891 censuses (is that the right plural?) has shown up the rest of the family fits in with the general occupations I was expecting, ie dock and brick labourers, and indeed his mother's name is the same as what he and his wife called their eldest daughter. The matching father is the one aged 48, labourer, bn Islington.

I am going to have to get the closest birth certificate I can find which is one listed in Poplar March 1884, and hope that tallies in with everything else I've found so far.

Thanks for the help. I just can't wait until I'm into searching Parish Records!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12