Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    stonewall

Default have started again

after i had to take 500 names from my tree as i got one name wrong .i stoped work on it i have now stared again but have stated to look for my grandfather;s death record. i know he was born in 1888/89 and he died some were from 1935 to 1950 but cant find know record hes name was john wall, and lived in the west ham area essex . any ideas tryed the free bmd but no luck and on find -- ---- site all i could find was one in 1949 but this had london c as area of reg but dont know were that is thanks

Mutley

You mean to say that your location is London and you do not know where London City is? A bit more west that West Ham

Not all the deaths in that time frame are yet on line.
    There is a June 1935 for a John Wall but he was 75 years old so born earlier than your man. Try searching on FreeBMD it is easier.

Have you found him in 1911, was he in West Ham then?

Take a look at Genuki here, it may help you with registration districts.

stonewall

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    You mean to say that your location is London and you do not know where London City is? A bit more west that West Ham

Not all the deaths in that time frame are yet on line.
    There is a June 1935 for a John Wall but he was 75 years old so born earlier than your man. Try searching on FreeBMD it is easier.

Have you found him in 1911, was he in West Ham then?

Take a look at Genuki here, it may help you with registration districts.
    yes i do know were london is its about 3 miles away from me but did not know if it ment london city free bmd has no john wall coming up on its site from 1938 to 1950 i have tryed three times and i found your one on find my past but wrong age. i found a john wall in 1911 in a work house in west ham but dont know if its the same one. as i was told he came from ireland and the workhouse one was born in birmingham. but dont know if the ireland bit is right

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by stonewall View Post
    yes i do know were london is its about 3 miles away from me but did not know if it ment london city free bmd has no john wall coming up on its site from 1938 to 1950 i have tryed three times and i found your one on find my past but wrong age. i found a john wall in 1911 in a work house in west ham but dont know if its the same one. as i was told he came from ireland and the workhouse one was born in birmingham. but dont know if the ireland bit is right
    OK Stonewall, you do not want to make the same mistakes again
    so let us take this slowly and surely.

Tell us all you know about John.

You should have him on three census, 1911, 1901, 1991
    You should have his marriage,
    (who to, when, where, a father and occupations)
    You should have his parents
    You should have his birth

Once we have a time line, then we try to find his death, that comes last.....

stonewall

here we go john married to Annie Algar in 1916 westham .addrees for both is Abbey rd Barking father is john wall labourer. Was told jonn jnr was in and out of workhouse and was from ireland but my not be true. i did find a john in a workhouse in leytonstone west ham same age . but he is born in birmingham. when i checked 1891 found a john whos father was a john mother bridget living in birmingham father on that was labourer in chemical works and they moved to westham bridget died in 1907 westham so do you think this could be mine but only know my granfather was alive in the first part of second world war but he is not alive when my father married in 1952. he did not serve in the war as he had only one leg.

georgiep

Hi just a quick question about marriage.
    BMD has it listed in Romford not West Ham as you stated.
    If you could just clarify.
    Thanks

Georgie

NatashaBatsford

Hi, quick question: Who told you he was from Ireland and in what context? Did he have a 'funny' accent? Did he claim he was from Ireland? Did any family members ever go back to visit family in Ireland?

Just wondering hw strong this alleged Ireland link really is.

Tash

stonewall

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaBatsford View Post
    Hi, quick question: Who told you he was from Ireland and in what context? Did he have a 'funny' accent? Did he claim he was from Ireland? Did any family members ever go back to visit family in Ireland?

Just wondering hw strong this alleged Ireland link really is.

Tash
    sorry it would be romford
    second he.s daughter told me the ireland bit but i was told by someone else he's son used to put on a irish accent to make people think he was irish but he spoke good english but all these people are gone now and john was down as glass blower in westham in 1916 when he married

georgiep

Hi Stonewall
    There are 2 John Wall's in 1911 census both living in West Ham aged 23 & 24.
    When I put birthplace as Birmingham, only showed up John agded 24yrs.
    I tried to find John snr & Bridget in 1891 with no luck.
    Pls could you give details of entry?
    The reason I ask is that if we have a birthyear and place for John snr, he should also be in 1911 in the same area.
    Enjoy your weekend.

Georgie

stonewall

Quote Originally Posted by georgiep View Post
    Hi Stonewall
    There are 2 John Wall's in 1911 census both living in West Ham aged 23 & 24.
    When I put birthplace as Birmingham, only showed up John agded 24yrs.
    I tried to find John snr & Bridget in 1891 with no luck.
    Pls could you give details of entry?
    The reason I ask is that if we have a birthyear and place for John snr, he should also be in 1911 in the same area.
    Enjoy your weekend.

Georgie
    thanks checked the second john wall he is married with a one year old son so that would be wrong so im back to the first one. john's birth year is right going by john and annie marriage record in 1916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast