minnimo

Smile Looking for the wife of James Henshall, Dubli

James Henshall born 1729 died 1824 Dublin, Linen Merchant, his first wife died between 1760 and 1774, James remarried in 1774 to a widow by the name of Elinor Fay.
    He had two children from his first marriage, James born 1754 and Eleanor born 1760, I have never been able to establish the name of James first wife, and would love to knock down that particular wall.
    Eleanor Henshall married William Saunders in 1780 and they were my 4th G. Grandparents. Any help would be much appreciated.

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Minnimo

Does the baptisms of James and Elinor give the mothers name?

Ben

minnimo

Default Wife of Thomas Henshall

Hi Ben
    No I have never been able to find the baptisms for James or Eleanor, have been onto the IGI etc and found nothing, tried everything that I know of to hunt this lady down, she really is a mystery.

Rita

Brick wall demolition expert!

From what I can see tracking anyone from Ireland is extremely difficult unless you strike incredibly lucky. Can you determine from any of the evidence you have so far what parish they were last known in. If you can it probably will not be on line but it might give one of the determined bunch here a clue to get started. SA to Ireland is not an easy hop so let us have all you can and you might strike lucky.