Victoria Sellwood Turner

Default Chamberl(a)in Burghfield & Sulhampstead

Hello,
    I am trying to find the marriage and/or parents of
    James Chamberl(a)in 1776 and wife Ann 1779, both calculated dates from burials in Sulhampstead Abbotts.1838 and 1823 respectively.
    They had 6 children found from 1803-1818, all bap in Burghfield. The family appear to have lived at Grazeley. I have only been able to follow one of them:-
    My 2nd great grandmother, Lucy 1811-1888 who marr Daniel Cassell in Mortimer.

Any help in making any other connections gratefully received.

Yours
    Victoria

Name well known on Brit-Gen

A James Chamberlain was christened in Reading Berks 31 JAn. 1775. Parents Thomas & Anne. Batch no. P018471. IGI No luck with a marriage so far.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Victoria Sellwood Turner

Default Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    A James Chamberlain was christened in Reading Berks 31 JAn. 1775. Parents Thomas & Anne. Batch no. P018471. IGI No luck with a marriage so far.
    Thanks for that, and your interest. It is one that I have in my file but haven't been able to make a definite connection from Reading to Sulhampstead or Burghfield.

Regards
    Victoria

Sheel

Default Chamberlains of Lambourne

I have records of Berkshire chamberlains dating back to john(johnne) chamberlain (layne) in 16th century. LambourneI ad children. If interested pls reply

Victoria Sellwood Turner

Default Chamberl(a)in Burghfield & Sulhampstead

Hello,
    Berkshire has Chamberlains all over the place. I have several so far unconnected lines. However, the one that I am specifally interested in is my 3rd greatgrandmother's.
    She was Lucy Chamberlain bap 1812 Burghfield. dau of James and Ann and has 5 siblings on the IGI, 3 of whom appear to have survived infancy. James 1809, Jane 1815, and John 1818.
    Father James was buried 1838 Sulhampstead age 62 (of Grazeley) and Ann age 44 in 1823 Sulhampstead Abbotts.
    I don't think the Lambourne ones are connected but you never know, I suppose.
    Thanks anyway
    Victoria

Sheel

Default Berkshire Chamberlains

I think you're right. The two families don't appear connected. At that time in history, my Chamberlain branch were living in either Wiltshire and/or Kent. My Berkshire branch is from Henry Chamberlain b. 1709 @ Lambourn. As you say, there seem to be many Chamberlain families in the region, makes it quite difficult to track. Good luck with your research.