Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joseph Naylor

Mutley

There is a marriage registration in Dec 1853 in Easingwold, 9d/759
    I don't know how near this is.
    The bride is missing from the page, either not yet transcribed or not found. You would need to look through the original images.

There is also a June 1853 in Durham to either Isabella Hill or Mary Ann Passmoor. 10a/288. Though there is a Joseph and Mary Ann in Hetton in 1871 so maybe not that marriage.

I'd like to know who the bride was on the Easingwold marriage. It would give you a better chance of finding a death and them on the 1861 census.
    I will keep digging

CathyB

Hi Mutley,
    I havent seen that one. I will have a better look today. Im not sure I know how to look through the originals though.
    Thank you for your assistance Mutley.
    Cathy

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    There is a marriage registration in Dec 1853 in Easingwold, 9d/759
    I don't know how near this is.
    The bride is missing from the page, either not yet transcribed or not found. You would need to look through the original images.

There is also a June 1853 in Durham to either Isabella Hill or Mary Ann Passmoor. 10a/288. Though there is a Joseph and Mary Ann in Hetton in 1871 so maybe not that marriage.

I'd like to know who the bride was on the Easingwold marriage. It would give you a better chance of finding a death and them on the 1861 census.
    I will keep digging

Easingwold is in italics against Joseph Naylor's name. This means that the page number is not in the expected range for Easingwold. It should be between 714 - 744. The original looks as though it might be 739.

If you do a marriage search with no names, but a date range of Dec 1853 to Dec 1853 and Vol/Page 9d 739, following is found

Abbott Jane
    Brown Elizabeth
    Dowell William
    Naylor Joseph

Jellylegs

Mutley

Well done Jellylegs, that was really clever detective work.

We now need to find if this 'ole Joe is with a Lizzie or Jane in the census and/or did one of the ladies pop their clogs before 1862

CathyB

Thanks Jellylegs and Mutley,just getting my housework done and then I will spend the afternoon searching.
    Cathy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12