Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wirral

Can't help with James, but Mary & Jessie NAYSMITH look to be from Lasswade, Midlothian, Scotland. Mary is actually Marion on 1841 & 1851 censuses. From the 1900 census, Jessie (& presumably Marion) went to the US in 1867.

JGSchier

AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for that info, i haven't been able to find anything on them. I'll take that info and see what further records I can dig up. That's a great help!

JAP1

And they were still in Lasswade, MLN in 1861.
    Janet NAYSMITH 57 and her daughters Marion 27 and Janet 24 (Janet and Jessie are interchangeable in Scotland).

Jessie's christening is in the IGI - interesting to see her mother's maiden surname.
    Jess NAESMITH bap 25 May 1834, Lasswade Midlothian, parents Henry NAESMITH & Janet LUMSDEN.
    There's also a submitted entry for her brother Henry bap 26 Jul 1831, Lasswade.

Entries (banns called in both bride's and groom's parishes) for the marriage of her parents are also in the IGI:
    Henry NAESMYTH and Janet LUMSDEN 19 May 1827, Lasswade Midlothian
    Henry NAESMITH and Janet LUMSDEN (daughter of William LUMSDEN) 31 May 1827, Liberton Midlothian

Although relationships are not shown in 1841, looking at the ages it seems that there are children of two marriages listed.

Regards,

JAP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12