Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    drifter

Default Re Margaret Price Brickwall!

Raffaele, thank you but neither of these are the right ones - I already have them.

On checking the Price family baptisms, it appears that they are all at different times, so I think they are baptised soon after birth.

Snowy Jen, that is the correct death registration, so I guess that you are right in your thinking. With a January baptism she could have been born in December.

Well they say 'everything comes to those who wait' so I'll keep waiting and searching and her birth will surface eventually

Thank you all,
    Drifter.

Brick wall demolition expert!

It seems a little strange that none of these match up.
    Is it the father or the mother's maiden name that is wrong.

I have seen this completed screwed up with one of my relations.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi

Having ruled out the two that Raffaele found, as you already have them ,what about this one?

Births: Ann Margaret Price, Sep 1851, Wirral, 19, 383

As a lot of people went by their second names for one reason or another I wouldn't rule it out.

Cheers

drifter

Default Re Margaret Price Brickwall!

Hi all,

I have Margaret's marriage certificate which states that her father is Richard Price a labourer, so that one is OK. All the other evidence gathered points to Mary Marles being her mother and also of her siblings. Also Margaret only has the one name on the marriage certificate and also on the death certificate, so I don't think she could have had another.

Thank you,
    Drifter.

SnowyJen

If she was born in December 1852 she could have been registered in the January 1853

Births Mar 1853
    Price Margaret
    GRO: Wrexham 11b 333

The district Wrexham spans the boundaries of the counties of Cheshire, Denbighshire and Flintshire

jeeb

Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    Also Margaret only has the one name on the marriage certificate and also on the death certificate, so I don't think she could have had another.
    Hi Drifter,
    This is a trap many people fall into! Many people are known by a different name than the one that appears on their birth certificate.
    Her parents would probably have registered the birth and would have used the name they chose. Later in life that person or parents may change that name for one reason or another and maybe it would be worth considering the birth of Ann Margaret Price that SueP mentioned. I suggest you contact the Registry Office and state you only want the certificate if the mother's maiden name is Marles.

Jeremy

Brick wall demolition expert!

Complusory schooling only began around 1840 so unless you were weallthy or lucky you were likely to be illiterate. The names children were registered with often changed. They gained them and lost them between census returns.

It was not mayhem but it did happen Fred Smith's birth became John F Smith on the census and then John Smith on the marriage cert.

All I am councelling is not to be absolutely precise about the number of names and how they used them. I have a marriage certificate with the father's name as John Mitchell. He was actually Caleb, his brother was John.

You may be right but I fear you are discounting things to quickly because they are not precise.

drifter

Default re - Margaret Price Brickwall!

Thank you Jeeb and Raffaele. It's interesting about the name business as I also have a discrepancy between the name of a parent of another ancestor. I also think that the suggestion of a stipulation regarding mother's name is one that I will take up.
    By the way, Margaret made her mark on both marriage certificate and the birth certificate of a son later.

Thank you again for your input.

Drifter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12