Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cripps

mick75

Default cripps

thomas cripps born circa 1800 1830

Nicolina

could you let us have a bit more info.? Where was he born? Do you have him on any Census? etc.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Given your very broad description Nicolina is quiet right or should I post all of the 89 I have found.

Please give us something to narrow this down.

Knowledgeable and helpful

It's always a bit daunting posting questions for the first time but you'll get the hang of it. Just rephrase it in a question - there are lots of people on here who will help you but basically any information of where you think they were born, where they live, anyone connected to them or perhaps their occupation. Have you got access to census returns or have you searched for him on FreeBMD/FreeCen? Just let us know if you're not sure.
    Browneyes

mick75

Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele View Post
    Given your very broad description Nicolina is quiet right or should I post all of the 89 I have found.

Please give us something to narrow this down.
    He appears on a wedding certificate of his marriage to Elizabeth Gilbert of Somerset, dated 1853 at St.Martins in the Field Church (Middlesex..London).
    It states that he was a papermaker.
    I have tried to backtrack him for a long time,using the Mormons microfilsch services, bur cannot find him.
    He appears again on his son's birth certificate in 1867 and was the stated to be a coachman now...but was not present as his wife Elizabeth signed the Cert. with a X.
    You are very kind to taake the trouble to reply, Thank you. I hope you can help.
    Mick75

Knowledgeable and helpful Karen Newman's Avatar

Default Marriage

Is his father's name on the marriage cert?

Marriages Dec 1853
    Cripps Thomas St Martin 1a 528
    Dover Mary Ann St Martin 1a 528
    Gilbert Elizabeth St Martin 1a 528
    Harlock John Alfred St. Martin 1a 528

We need to identify this family on a census and build more information

Do you have the above certificate or have you only the IGI record.
    The certificate should show their ages and their parents.
    It will also have witnesses names.

The birth certificate should have their son's name and where he was registered. Their address at the time and also confirm the mothers maiden name.

Marriage 1853 and son 1867 is rather unusual. I would expect quite a number of sublings. Do you know of any ?

All of this information helps us find them on census particularly if Thomas is absent of mistranscribed.

mick75

Default thomas cripps

Thanks for your reply,you are very kind to take the trouble.
    Sorry, I have made an error.
    The birth Cert. is of the son Joseph,Reginald...1867...my Grandfather....registered by his mother ElizabethCripps nee Gilbert[/I]) and signed with a X.@St, Georges church Hanover Square, Belgrave, London.

The wedding Cert. was of his father,Thomas and mother Elizabeth1853 at St.Martin in the Fields,London. The Cert shows Thomas's father as also being Thomas Cripps...this is the one I cannot trace.
    At the time of the Christening, it shows their address as being
    No.6 Bridge Row,Pimlico.Westminster,London.
    I have done a search for bridge Row but it is not shown in later years, only Bridge Road Westminster.
    Thanks, Mick.

mick75

Default thomas cripps

Thanks for your reply,you are very kind to take the trouble.
    Sorry, I have made an error.
    The birth Cert. is of the son Joseph,Reginald...1867...my Grandfather....registered by his mother ElizabethCripps nee Gilbert[/I]) and signed with a X.@St, Georges church Hanover Square, Belgrave, London.

The wedding Cert. was of his father,Thomas and mother Elizabeth1853 at St.Martin in the Fields,London. The Cert shows Thomas's father as also being Thomas Cripps...this is the one I cannot trace.
    At the time of the Christening, it shows their address as being
    No.6 Bridge Row,Pimlico.Westminster,London.
    I have done a search for Bridge Row but it is not shown in later years, only Bridge Road Westminster.
    Thanks, Mick.

There is a Thomas Cripps b 1828 in Egham living at St George in the East district which a search on Google says includes Pimlico.

I cannot find him on FreeCen and have no sub currently. Can anyone look up a Thomas Cripps b c 1828 on the 1841/51 census

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast