Thread: Mindham

trevanne

Default Mindham

Looking for help on this one,My mother Elsie May Mindham born 18 June 1903 i cannot find any record of her birth except on the death registration.I have no idea if she had any family or where she was born,although there was a mention she could have been adopted,ionly know she lived at 34 Sth Everard St,King's Lynn,Norfolk before marrying.This would be early 1900's.Thank's.

georgiep

Hi there
    I think I've found her
    Sep qtr 1903 King's Lynn vol 4b page 308
    Elsie May MENDHAM.

It could be worth paying for a look in 1911, at least you will know who she was living with etc.
    She's there as above 7yrs old in Kings Lynn
    There's also an Elizabeth Mendham 67yrs and a Caroline 32yrs same district.

Good luck

Georgie

trevanne

Default Mindham

Thank's Georgie,will do that.There has alway's been a query about the spelling,it show's Mindham on my birth certificate,but Mendham on another family member.Thank's again
    Regard's trevor

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by trevanne
    There has alway's been a query about the spelling,it show's Mindham on my birth certificate,but Mendham on another family member.
    Spellings of surname did not become finally fixed until the start of the 20th century, variations are common, especially in areas with strong accents (such as Norfolk).

If you do not already have a copy, I recommend getting her marriage certificate to set your research off on the right track.

trevanne

Thank's for info Geoffer's will check it out

georgiep

You're welcome Trevor, I hope info found is of help.

Georgie