Jane Elderfield

Default St. Peter's School, Rochester Kent 1910s

I'm in Canada, a long-time family historian, but still feeling my way around computers.

How would I begin to find school registers for St. Peter's School, in Rochester Kent, in the 1910s?

I'm looking for an Ivy RODWAY, who attended from 1911 or 1912. Ivy's birthdate may be 5 August 1906, corrected seven years later to 30 or 31 December 1906. (There's a story to this....)

Her older sisters Charlotte Lily RODWAY and Olive May RODWAY, and younger brother Charles John RODWAY may also have attended.

As this family has some "irregularities" in it, the surname may be DAVIES for Charlotte Lily (or any of the others).

--Jane

Reputation beyond repute

What sort of school was it?

Rochester is in the Medway Unitary Authority and the likeliest place to find the records is at Medway Archives

https://cityark.medway.gov.uk/

Perhaps you can figure out how to use their on line catalogue (I can't), otherwise drop them an email.

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Unfortunately Cityark records for this school appear to start at 1927
    "Additional records of Kent County Council Education Department, St. Peter's Infant school, Rochester comprising admission registers 1950-1990, stockbook 1950-1964, log books 1927-1990 Call No.: C/ES 305D/"

https://cityark.medway.gov.uk/query/r...ecords&x=0&y=0

about a third of the way down the page
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Jane Elderfield

Thank you all, Finnbar, Peter, and Michaelpipe, for suggestions and links to sites.

--Jane