Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

Default George NOBLES

Hi Maureen,

According to the 1891 census of Hampstead (RG12/106, folio 77, page 47) George is living at The Heathlands Stables with wife Mary Jane and children Walter, Sarah & Alice Ada. In the record above is a Mary Jane NOBLES aged 18, a Kitchen Maid, born Hampstead living in the household of Hugh MATHESON - is this your Mary Ann and was she perhaps a Mary Jane and not a Mary Ann??? There is a birth registration of a Mary Jane NOBLES in the Dec qtr 1872 at Hampstead on FreeBMD.

Janet

WK1937

Hi Janet, thank you for that but Mary Jane Nobles born 1872 was one of George's daughters with his third wife Mary Jane. My grandmother was born 1862 or thereabouts and already married by 1891. It is very confusing - I have been down so many blind alleys over the years. Previously I thought she was registered as Louisa until I found out later that this child had died in infancy. Best wishes, Maureen.

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

Name: Mary A. Nobles
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1864
    Relation: Servant
    Where born: Hampstead

Civil parish: Bexley
    County/Island: Kent

Street address: 2 Queenswood

Class: RG11; Piece: 860; Folio: 70; Page: 26

Cannot find her in 1871

Sue

WK1937

Hi Sue, yes that is my Grandmother - I already have this information but thank you all the same. It is her birth index I am endeavouring to find. She will not be found in the 1871 census as Mary Ann as the transcript says Mary Ann Hobbs.

Maureen.

JPBeds

Default Mary Noble(s)

I think he was the John Nobles baptised Souldrop 10/6/1827 son of James & Elizabeth. Their other son Samuel b 1838 as per the 1841 census is boarding with John & Mary & family in 1861.

James Nobles married Elizabeth Headland at Souldrop on 4/3/1824, & via that Headland family will now have a very tenuous link into my Partridge family tree of Sharnbrook.

But I also have Mary Nobles born 1795 Sharnbrook or Oakley ? who married my gt-gt grandfather Richard Partridge at Bletsoe on 03/06/1818. I have her possibly being daughter of Benjamin Nobles & Elizabeth Boddington.
    Does anyone here have info on that Nobles family ?

regards John

WK1937

I would like to be able to help here but your Nobles do not appear to be linked to mine.
    Good luck anyway, Maureen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12