Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    pattenwalsh

Nothing in Deaths 1950 to 1960 or 1967 to 1976

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    No, you can view scans of the indexes on FreeBMD site.
    Births to 1983, Marriages to 1961, Deaths to 1960. Click on view images to go to the search page. It can be time consuming, but it is free.
    Good to know that, thanks Mona

WIGAN

Default Thank you for all your help, re Granddad

Annabel

Many thanks for that information, I had not heard of that one before. But very interesting. You learn something everyday. something to try to find more about.
    Very many thanks
    wendy

VWells

Thank you for your advice, a daunting thought, but many thanks, I'll go and get myself a cup of tea.
    many thanks
    wendy

Mona

I shall go and have a look. I must admit I have'nt looked at that site for a while.
    I will go and have a look.
    many thanks for your thoughts
    Wendy

Sally

Thank you so much for your time, it's so sweet of you.
    Yes it is me, I have all those queries on the web. lots of different sites, as of yet, nothing from them.that is all the knowledge I have, which as you see, is very little.
    I must thank you for spending the time searching through those years, I really have no idea when he died, or when he remarried.
    I have a few photos of him, thats all.
    So would to know, to at least find a resting place. So I shall plod on ,one day.
    Thank you again, for all the time you have spent on this.
    Kind regards
    Wendy

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Wigan

I have a question for you.

You must be related to Elkanah through his first marriage, and what appears to be their only son? How do you know Sarah's middle name, is it from a birth cert? (I searched FmyP for births of Holme with mmn of Callow 1917 - 1925 and only found one reference).

I have searched deaths on FmyP 1917 to 1927 so far and found no Sarah yet! I will continue.

Cheers

gasser

Have you considered contacting Clwyd Family History Society / Flintshire Record Office / Denbighsire Record Office for any records, newspapers etc they might hold? Elkanah is not really a common name.
    Out of interest I found a reference to a Mabel Winifred S Holme, who died 1986 in Clwyd listed on An'y - could this be Winifred?

Default 2nd marriage found!

Hi Wigan

Still not found a death of Sarah - have searched up to and including 1930.

Then decided to search for marriage from 1930. Have found the one you want!

Elkanah Holme (Hollos) Jun 1945, Salford, 8d, 1152
    Winifred Hollos (Holme), Jun 1945, Salford, 8d, 1152

So will now go back to deaths as we have a better time frame for Sarah's search.

Cheers

WIGAN

Default Thank you's

Hello Sue p

Thank you for your imput, very much appreciated.

The only info I had was a marriage cert, that I managed to send for. and a few photo's. a couple of which were to each other, with Cain, Marie written on the back of them, and one of them both together.

When the marriage certificate came, I was able to link it all together, that she went by her middle name. ( as I did, once upon a time)
    But looking at the certificate again, it looks more like Marian, so I shall go and have a look at my photo's again.

On the cert it said, Sarah Marian Callow. age 28, she married Elkanah Wood Callow in 1915.

My grandparents would have Sarah & Elkanah.

Thank you so much for your help.
    Many thanks
    Wendy nee Holme

Hello Pattenwalsh
    Thank you so much for checking through those records, it's very much appreciated, so thank you again.
    many thanks
    wendy

Hello Gasser
    Thats a very good thought, I had not thought of that, My fingers on the keyboard works quicker, than my brain does at times.
    I shall look into that one.
    As for the name that sound very very possible, I had not come across that one before. so I shall look into that.
    Many many thanks
    wendy

Thank you all so much for your help, it is very very much appreciated, it goes to show that there are wonderful people in the world.
    Many thanks to you all

WIGAN

Default Brilliant sue

That is amazing, you are clever, I would never have found that,where do they get the names from Hollos!
    1945 amazing, I cannot believe it, thank you so much,
    You are a diamond
    Bless you
    wendy

gasser

Then decided to search for marriage from 1930. Have found the one you want!

Elkanah Holme (Hollos) Jun 1945, Salford, 8d, 1152
    Winifred Hollos (Holme), Jun 1945, Salford, 8d, 1152
    Found a birth for what could be mistaken for Hollos as above
    Hallas Winifred [mother:Hooson] Dec qtr. 1925 Salford 8d 558

Default Sarah's death?

Hi

Sarah's death (closest fit age wise)
    Sarah M Holme (54), Mar 1942, Barton, 8c, 918

This makes her born approx 1887/8. Which brings me to why I asked a question previously.

On looking at Holme family:
    1891 census: (RG12/3205/141/6) Elkanah & Parents.
    1901 census: (RG13/3734/15/21) Elkanah, parents and siblings, all at Regent Rd, Salford.

Callow family:
    On 1891 census (RG12/3221/147/41) Sarah is at Regent Rd, Salford with parents and siblings.
    1901 census (RG13/3709/86/1) Sarah is in 'Brown' household as a domestic nurse.

Birth: Sarah Marian Callow, Dec 1886, Chester, 8a, 401.

So Regent Road, Salford is common to both families. I didn't find Sarah's parents in 1901 to see if they were still on that street.
    Co-incidence??

Regards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast