A fountain of knowledge

Default kings regulations

morning all

can anyone help me with the following , AW has helped me with one part ,

ernest coles discharged from the warwickshires para 390 (xvi) 29/2/44
    this part we know,'no longer physically fit for service'

,but crossed out next to it is : (xv111)(a) what does this mean ?

dean

suzieq08

Hello Dean

I just had a quick look on Google for you and the (xv111) refers to 'Airborne Corp, which I assume would tie in with your Ancestor Serving in the Paras.

Hope this helps?

Suzie

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dean coles View Post
    (xv111)(a) what does this mean?
    King's Regulations 390 (xviii) (a) means "Services no longer required", I believe.

suzieq08

Dear Dean

I concur with Peter Goodey, as Mr Cole was 'no longer fit for service' and the xv111 refers to the Airborne Corp plus, you state this Service information was crossed out on his Records - then I believe it is safe to assume the Mr Cole was no longer physically fit for Service duty too!

www.invisionzone.co.uk maybe a useful military site to note/request further information from.

Good luck!

Suzie

suzieq08

Apologies Dean - I am still in '.co.uk' mode not '.com' mode

www.invisionzone.com (not co.uk) is for the 1914-1919 War however, their Forum maybe able to help you further with your queries re: the Paras etc. They are an excellent Forum with regards to any queries one has with any aspect of the War!

Best of luck

Suzie

Peter F

Unhappy Web Site ?

SuzieQ08, Can you please confirm that you are quoting the correct address for that web site on Military History. I have been trying to reach this web site but get all sorts of non relevant material.

Regards, Peter F

suzieq08

Hi Peter

I have just spoken to my friend who uses this site and I can confirm that the email address is:
    https://www.1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/

kind regards and best wishes

Suzie

Terry Reeves

The forum mentioned above is for the First World War only, as per the dates in the link. The date mentioned in the original post is 1944.

Terry Reeves

suzieq08

Hi! Dean

I realise that the earlier email link I posted related to the 1914-1918 War (WWI)
    However, I was aware that my friend had made useful links/connections by using this forum with regards to World War ll and I was hoping that you too, maybe able to make a connection re: your query (1944/Paras)

Perhaps, the following web addresses maybe more appropriate for you and help you with your search regarding 'Ernest Coles/Para/1944'

https://www.ww2.org

www.worldwar2history.info/forums/
    The above site is a specific forum for asking and answering questions about WWII, debating ideas and meeting friends and Veterans.

Hoping that you may have better luck with the above web site/forums - Good luck Dean!

Best wishes always (and apologies for any confusion inadvertently caused!)

Suzie