Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Default 1861 Census - Salford

Would some kind person with access to the 1861 census details for the Pendleton area of Salford please look for EDWARD STAFFORD.
    He would be about 4 years old - so presumably (!) living with his parents - JOSEPH and HANNAH STAFFORD. The address given on his birth certificate in 1857 is 6 Duke Street, Pendleton. I am hoping the family is still there - as I am sure there are other children in this family, and this may be a way of tracing them!
    Thanks!!

uksearch

The 1861 Census returns for Church St,Pendleton are here on film.I'll check them out later for your STAFFORD family.

UK

uksearch

Default 1861 Census

I had a look at the returns for Duke St (RG 9 2903 folio78) living at No 6 was a William HESKETH & Family.He was 33 y o Paper Hanger from Wigan.

I had a look in the TD and found only one John STAFFORD listed in Salford.He was a labourer living at 4 Albert Terrace,Sandon RD.When I had a look at the Census (RG 9 2916 folio 88) he is shown as 68 y o Chelsea Pensioner born in Manchester.His wife Eliz (?) 66 was with him.She was born in Bristol.I then realised that this district is surnamed indexed for the 1861 Census.There were three other STAFFORD household,but they were not the people you were looking for.

UK

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Thanks for trying! I now remember why I abandoned my Manchester/Salford ancestors and concentrated on those in Cornwall!!

Back to the drawing board ...!