Thread: William Willis

feeder 1

Default William Willis

Hi

Iam trying to find the death of William Willis.The info i have is that he died in 1976 in Rickmondsworth hertfordshire age 81,but i cant find it anywhere.Also he was born in lancashshire but i have come to a dead end,Any help would be great.Many thanks lee.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Where have you looked for the record of his death. FreeBMD would not have that yet as they priorised 1920 and earlier believing that people had accurate details of more recent relatives.

If you have a subscription you can look through the GRO indexes by quarter to find him. You would need to spread the search because it is quite surprising how far out people can be. You may also have to look at misspelt entries Willis could easily be transcribed as Wallis.

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by feeder 1 View Post
    Hi

The info i have is that he died in 1976 in Rickmondsworth hertfordshire age 81,but i cant find it anywhere.
    Don't forget to check the Watford registration district as I think that Rickmansworth fell under that by 1976.

janbooth

Default William WILLIS

Hi Lee,

There is a death registration on the GRO Index in the June qtr 1977 at Watford registration district, vol 10, page 0703 of a William WILLIS, born 22 August 1896 who sounds a likely candidate.

Do you have any further details about William so we can try to find him on earlier census records - for example do you have his marriage certificate which will give his father's name & profession. Both William and WILLIS are reasonably common names, so we could do with his father's name 7 profession to narrow down the search.

Janet