Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Think on it Stonewall, how many children in earlier years were told what there parents wanted them to hear?

Ireland was always the 'in'place to have rellies when I was growing up. Perhaps your GrandDad didn't want his children knowing where he was from & dropped off the Ireland bit to keep his Family quiet as it's harder to prove than not.

You Aunt may not have really known. Take a break & then 'avanothergo- perhaps from the Irish side or scout out for anyone who may have known the Family in early years.

Don't let your dreams & hard work be taken so easily.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

jeeb

Quote Originally Posted by caerurfa View Post
    OUCH! ..Sorry to hear that ....

OK, playing devil's advocate here ..what makes your aunt's view any more valid than your mothers?

Aren't you (at the ned of the day) just trusting people's opinion?
    This is exactly what crossed my mind when I first read the posting. If your mother said 18 months ago that she knew nothing about your father then she was either telling the truth or keeping the truth from you. I would ask myself 'why the change of mind?' Perhaps you have traced the right line and she still wishes to throw you off the scent.
    Sorry just my suspicious mind and too many years tracing families that I have learned to take nothing anybody tells me as fact.

Jeremy

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Stonewall,

Hope you're ok.

Looking into family history brings all sorts of emotions into play doesn't it? Do you remember why you started? My guess is that it was something you decided to do off your own back. What an amazing journey eh? Learning new skills, meeting new friends on here and along the way helping so many people. Please pat yourself on the back....you deserve credit for your hard work. Sometimes it can be a lonely task can't it? But despite that there's a tremendous amount of evidence on this forum that determination and persistence pays off, no matter how large or how small a tree is.

We're here for you, to help you and to share your trials and tribulations. You're doing just fine and you are not alone.

Browneyes

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by jeeb
    Perhaps you have traced the right line and she still wishes to throw you off the scent.
    Sorry just my suspicious mind and too many years tracing families that I have learned to take nothing anybody tells me as fact.
    I'm with this point of view. Look again at your research and see if all the links are accurate and do not contain assumptions. If your research is accurate then the sister may be wrong.

What proof does she have?

Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

what did she say no that's is not your great great grandfather right name right age wrong place.He came from Ireland. Not ilford as i had put now my mum says your father;s aunts lived in ilford and that but were they true aunts do i shoot myself now HA HA
    Is there any way of confirming that they are true aunts? If they were gt aunts to you, you may - dare I say - be able to trace birth certicates? If they were all born in Ilford and you have found a suspected gt gt grandfather also born there, then I agree with jeeb and geoffers, your father's sister might only think he was from Ireland. Don't be put off yet. You probably have more evidence than she has. Ilford/Ireland...maybe someone misread something somewhere.

Don't give up. If you post a few names on this site, someone will help. They have been amazing help to me in the past.
    Sue|

stonewall

Quote Originally Posted by sue2white View Post
    Is there any way of confirming that they are true aunts? If they were gt aunts to you, you may - dare I say - be able to trace birth certicates? If they were all born in Ilford and you have found a suspected gt gt grandfather also born there, then I agree with jeeb and geoffers, your father's sister might only think he was from Ireland. Don't be put off yet. You probably have more evidence than she has. Ilford/Ireland...maybe someone misread something somewhere.

Don't give up. If you post a few names on this site, someone will help. They have been amazing help to me in the past.
    Sue|
    I asked my Aunt again and she still says he was from Ireland . and that my dad's brother who died some time ago. went to kilkinny to see were he came from if i have spelt it right.
    Also that her dad used to sing old irish song's that he could of got into trouble about. Also as i said before he was staying in salvation army homeless home before he married my nan . when he was now a glassblower but i would think that was a skilled job. i am now trying to find the glass blowers to see if there was a fire and that part is true and he was badly burnt. he we go again . But at this time i do not have the drive i had before .BUT THANKS FOR THE KIND WORD'S FROM YOU PEOPLE Roll on the 1921 census he could me on there and i would find were he come from HA HA

Knowledgeable and helpful

Which area are you looking for information on glassblowers Stonewall?
    Browneyes

stonewall

Quote Originally Posted by Browneyes View Post
    Which area are you looking for information on glassblowers Stonewall?
    it would be under westham or bow in london about 1911- 1920s

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123