Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cowie

Brick wall demolition expert!

COWIE THOMAS HENRY M 1885 26 Todmorden Yorkshire West Riding
    COWIE WILLIAM THOMAS M 1883 28 St Pancras London

These are the two I found and is as much information as you can get without paying. It is probably worth waiting on this until the 1911 census is available on subscription. ie use it as much as you want for one fixed charge. Once that happens you can research freely and turn up different connections. The point you make about the family coming to London could be her finding her father.

ssmith

thanks raffaele, totally agree about her moving to london to find herfather, very plausable. any idea when the census becomes avaliable for subscription, il be the first to sign up

all the best

ssmith

Default Cowie Wilson

Hi does anyone out there have access to Scottish records?
    I have been looking for a marriage between thomas cowie and Jane wilson
    probably between 1900 and 1908.
    any help much appreciated.
    Sandra

stickymone

Hi Sandra,

Just done a search on "Scotlands People" the Scottish GRO site, no trace of any marriage I'm afraid.

Stickymone

ssmith

Default re Cowie wilson

thanks for looking for scotlands people stickymone
    I feared they were not married and it was just a false name on the birth cert
    because of being pregnant in 1908 unwed. what a shame that must have been on Jane's family.

Nevermind I will keep searching
    Next I am going to write to Earsdon RC churches to see if Mary Hannah was baptised in the RC church. Because we know now that she was roman catholic.
    If you have any other suggestions for searching please let me know.
    thanks again
    sandra

stickymone

Hi Sandra,

The Northumberland Collections service (just Google it) seems to have RC baptisms the the period you're interested in

Just got back from TNA did you know you can access the 1911 Census free from there? They have 58 terminals so no waiting time and you can pre book.

As I see you're in London thought you might be interested

I wouldn't worry about finding any illigitimates I've got loads in my tree including my Grandmother, not a lot else to do on the long winter nights, no Brit-Gen for them to play with

Stickymone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12