Thread: Benning

piddington

Default Benning

I'm at a dead stop at this point on my Benning family, I'm looking for the birth of Mary Benning abt 1840 in Little Kimble Buckinghamshire and who her parents were. I found her in the 1841 Census Little Kimble and thought I had hit pay dirt until 1851 in Little Kimble she is listed as the granddaughter living with Joseph and Judith Benning and 1861 Living with her Uncle Thomas Benning and his family. I cant seem to find a Birth registration to send for her birth cert. Hopefully fresh eyes can see what I can not.

Thanks

Brick wall demolition expert!

I tried Benning, Banning, Binning, Bonning and Bunning. No luck.

What age was she listed as on the 1841 census. Given ages were rounded she might have been before Sep 1837 or the parents may not have registered her. It was early days for registering births and I seem to recall seeing a comment that in the early years many were missed.

On the IGI there are 3 Mary Benning entries all of which are LDS submitted entries merely confirming what you know, if she was on the 1841 census she must have been born. Who was she living with in 1841. I have a few who are illegitmate offspring living with mum and her parents.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi,
    Little Kimble comes under the registration district of Wycombe, and although there are several births listed for the area they are all after 1850. Perhaps the birth was not registered. You might have more luck looking in the Parish Records for a Baptism.
    Emeltee

piddington

Default Benning

In 1841 Census

Name: Joseph Benning Age: 50 Estimated Birth abt 1791 born: Buckinghamshire, England Civil Parish: Little Kimble Hundred: Aylesbury
    Name: Judith Benning Age: 40 Birth Year: abt 1801 born: Buckinghamshire,
    Name: Sarah Benning Age: 20 Birth Year: abt 1821 born: Buckinghamshire, Name: Ann Benning Age: 13 Birth Year: abt 1828
    Name: Elizabeth Benning Age: 8 Birth Year: abt 1833
    Name: William Benning Age: 5 Birth Year: abt 1836 Name: Mary Benning Age: 8 Mo Estimated Birth Year: abt 1840 Gender: Female Where born: Buckinghamshire,

this is the family in 1841 census with her gandparents

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by piddington View Post
    I'm at a dead stop at this point on my Benning family, I'm looking for the birth of Mary Benning abt 1840 in Little Kimble Buckinghamshire and who her parents were. I found her in the 1841 Census Little Kimble and thought I had hit pay dirt until 1851 in Little Kimble she is listed as the granddaughter living with Joseph and Judith Benning and 1861 Living with her Uncle Thomas Benning and his family. I cant seem to find a Birth registration to send for her birth cert. Hopefully fresh eyes can see what I can not.

Thanks

1841 Census - Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 41; Book: 15; Civil Parish: Little Kimble; County: Buckinghamshire; Enumeration District: 6; Folio: 4; Page: 3; Line: 10;

Joseph Benning 50
    Judith Benning 40
    Sarah Benning 20
    Ann Benning 13
    Elizabeth Benning 8
    William Benning 5
    Mary Benning 8 Mo
    Ann Whyat 15

Its a possibility that the mother is Sarah and their is a Death for a Sarah but no Marriage in Buckinghamshire.

Deaths Jun 1845
    BENNING Sarah Wycombe 6 292

Sandy
    PS Forgot to say Thomas is on the same page for this Census.

piddington

Default Benning

I think you maybe right about Sarah being the mother. One last try to see if there is a father I ordered Mary Benning's cert for her marriage to William Piddington to see what it says for father.

thanks for trying

piddington

Default Benning

I finally recieved the marriage of Mary Benning to William Piddington Nov 5 1862. On the cert it lists Marys father as Roger Benning labourer, Witnesses William Horn and Thomas Brune. I cant seem to find anything on Roger Benning at all. No birth or death or census record. Was wondering if someone could take a look and see if they can find anything on my Roger

Geoffers

Everyone should note that a duplicate thread exists with some updated information. It can be seen here

As the new thread contains more up to date information I shall close this thread, cross reference the two, and leave the newer thread open for more replies.