Valued member of Brit-Gen. Aislin's Avatar

Default Blacksmiths Index

I wandered across this database of Blacksmiths, searchable by county, includes Scotland and Ireland and a section regarding related trades (eg. Anchorsmiths, Boiler Makers, Brownsmiths,Copper & Brass, Cartwrights & Coachsmiths, Clock & Watch Makers, Cutlers, Engine Fitters (pre 1920), Farriers, Fingersmiths, Gold, Pewter & Silversmiths, Gunsmiths, Iron Workers, Instrument Makers, Locksmiths, Makers of Bolts, Files, Hinges, Nails, Nuts, Screws etc., Military Blacksmiths, Millwrights, Paupers, Asylum & Workhouse Dwellers, Plumbers, Prisoner Blacksmiths, Shipwrights, Shipsmiths & Boat Builders, Toolmakers: edge tools,dairy tools etc., Whitesmiths, Brightsmiths, Tinsmiths, Wheelwrights of the World

MythicalMarian

What a wonderful link, Aislin. I'm off to add my blacksmiths right away. I have one wheelwright too. It's a great idea.

I got rather excited when I found it. I added my Robert Crawford and will add his father, Hugh, as he was a "Wright", but I still need to gather more information on him. All I have on Hugh Crawford was that he was a Wright and Journeyman born roughly 1781, married to Agnes Paterson and the names of their children.

Inching ever backward.

Davran

I think someone has previously mentioned this website. If so, perhaps the Mods could join the two threads together!

You're right. I see Finbar mentioned it on this thread back in February '09