Lenny Deans

Default 3rd Cavalry Brigade Signal Troop:Royal Corps of Signals

I am reseaching my grandfathers Millitary record, and i have the following details;this info is of his marriage certificate Name,Ernest Roland Roberts, stationed in Meerut India 1934, Regt no; 2318009, Rank;Lance Corporal, Royal Corps of Signals, stationed; 3rd Cavalry Brigade Signal Troop,Meerut India. If anyone could help me in finding my grandfathers records, or the regiments records it would be very much apprecaited. Unfortunatley todate, i have had no luck.
    Thanks
    Lenny Deans

apowell

Hi Lenny,

I must be honest and say I don't know that much about the Royal Signals but I've found some links that maybe helpful.

The Royal Signals Museum
    Blandford Camp
    BLANDFORD FORUM
    Dorset
    DT11 8RH
    ENGLAND
    Tel: 01258 482248
    E-mail: [email protected]

Royal Signals Forum

Veterans-UK

It maybe worth contacting the museum for any information but this can be hit and miss and why not post a request on the Royal Signals Forum. The forum is free to join and you may find ex servicemen etc who maybe able to help.

If you check the information at Veterans-UK you should be able to order your chaps service records because you have his Army details (fee involved).

Hope this helps

Regards
    Adrian

Terry Reeves

Given the date of his service, you will need to contact these people to get his service record. It costs around £30 and you may need provide proof of kinship.

Ministry of Defence, Army Personnel Centre, Historic Disclosures, Mailpoint 400,
    Kentigern House, 65 Brown St, Glasgow G2 8EX

Terry Reeves