Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    richardstree

Default RG, folio and pages

Its a while since i last did family tree and I cannot remember how to find the place on Ancestry.co.uk to put in RG, folio and page numbers.

I have done it many times before, but I am completely at a loss as to how i did it before.

Any would be appreciated.

Procat

Hi,

Take a gander at this thread.

richardstree

Default BMD

I can find out how to enter the folio etc., in the census, but am i correct when I think that i should be able to do the same for BMD.

I have looked at the link above but still cant find a way to enter folio etc., on BMD.

I am particularly looking for the 1895 marriage in the Jul/Sep Liverpool vol 8b page 79.

Someone on here was kind enough to give me the details of the person i have been searching for, but i cannot find this page. When i have put the names etc in the search the pages only go up to 37.

John Nicholas

The references you mention - RG, folio, page etc - are strictly census references and have no application to BMD, on A** or anywhere else.

You appear to have the BMD reference - that's the registration district, quarter & year, volume and page numbers. There's nothing else you can get without ordering a certificate from the register office which recorded the event or the central GRO, which are the only places which have more details. No-one has online copies of certificates.

By the way, if you want to order certificates, do so directly through the register office or online at GRO. Don't use third parties, who generally charge an arm and a leg for certificates!

John

richardstree

Default Thank you

Thanks John, it is surprising how much I have forgotten in the few short months that I have not been treeing, things that i knew before seem to have gone completely from my head.

I always use the GRO for my certs, but thanks for the reminder anyway.

Viv

John Nicholas

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by richardstree View Post
    things that i knew before seem to have gone completely from my head.

Viv
    It's called getting older, Viv!!

All the best,
    John

v.wells

I like the phraseology "It's because of brain clutter"! Which I suffer from greatly!

Mutley

Just a reminder
    that if someone does give you a reference then please, please check it for yourself first, before you order.

Typos abound!!!

https://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

there you can enter the name and the Volume number and Page number.

It is the same information as given by Anc***try in their
    Birth, Marriages and Deaths 1837 - 1915 (transcribed by FreeBMD)

MythicalMarian

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    I like the phraseology "It's because of brain clutter"! Which I suffer from greatly!
    Yes - and I love Viv's expression of 'treeing'. Viv - you've coined a phrase. I shall be using this from now on

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalMarian View Post
    Yes - and I love Viv's expression of 'treeing'. Viv - you've coined a phrase. I shall be using this from now on
    Yes, I like that too and will start using it - less figuring out how to keep spelling genealogy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast