Yvonnesuz

Default Imperial Cadet/Colonnial Corps

Does anyone know if there is any information re men who joined this Corps? and what if fact was the Corps, as I cannot seems to get anything positive from 'googling'. The person below mentions Imperial Colonnial Corps but I have only found Imperial Cadet Corps, is it the same?

I have been contacted by someone in America who may be connected to my husband's family.

Her family side had a ancestor , a Henry Curry , born c1825 who joined the Corps 1841 and a year later was shipped out to South Africa, and the family stayed there.

georgiep

Hi
    Just to ask was Henry Curry born in England or USA

Thank you

Georgie

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnesuz
    Does anyone know if there is any information re men who joined this Corps? and what if fact was the Corps, as I cannot seems to get anything positive from 'googling'. The person below mentions Imperial Colonial Corps
    Try TNA's catalogue - in the word or phrase field enter - colonial corps
    In the year range restrict the dates to 1800-1900
    and see what you get.

I think most of the records are War Department (WO) files, individual records being in WO97 which are being digitally scanned to go ont eh pay-per-view site findmypast.

You might also try Access to Archives - searching with the exact phrase - colonial corps.

Yvonnesuz

Unhappy

Georgie
    Henry was born in the UK, not known where though.

Thanks Geoffers, had a look on A2A, nothing much there.