Lindy Lou

Default Robert Swords, Leinster Regiment

I have been having a look at Ancestry. Com and I have come across my Great Grandmothers Brother Robert Swords born 1870 in Rathmines (their birth place). I printed his Attestation Paper, he was in the Leinster Regiment and enlisted in 1889. I'm thrilled with this discovery but would love to know what happened to him.

Lindy Lou

Smile Robert Swords.

Hi Finbar, no there are none of my Swords there. Thanks again.

georgiep

Default Robert Swords

Hi Lindy Lou
    Could your Robert have been in Aldershot in 1891?
    It's an unusual name, his age slightly out
    Robert Swords Pte bn Ireland 19 2nd Battalion Infantry (sorry doesn't list Regiment)
    RG12/566/129/10

Have you seen the WW1 Medal Roll Index Cards in A* for Robert Swords?

Kind regards
    Georgie

Brick wall demolition expert!

There's 28 pages of pension records for him on Anc. After you see the first page, which I think may be the one you printed, click the green "next" arrow for the next page. I'm on page 5 of his records & see by a copy of his death certificate that he died in Tipperary on 28 April 1946.

Adele

Lindy Lou

Default Adele

Hi Adele, I can't thank you enough for that advice, I was only looking at the first page. You're angel.
    Warmest thanks!
    Linda.

Lindy Lou

Default Traced Robert Swords!!!!!

Thanks AdeleE I took your brilliant advice and was able to match him as my Great Grandmothers brother. It even gave me his Death Cert and guess what it's his anniversary today!!! How strange is that? He died this day in 1946 in Tipperary! I also believe there is another relative I've found by the name of Edward Maurice Swords but as yet have to confirm this. Many, many thanks AdeleE I wouldn't have managed without you as I didn't realise you could see more pages. I owe you one!!!
    Warmest wishes, Linda.

Lindy Lou

Thumbs up Many thanks!

Thanks to every one who have helped with Robert! You have all been so kind and I'm very grateful for your help!
    Warmest wishes, Linda.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy Lou View Post
    I also believe there is another relative I've found by the name of Edward Maurice Swords but as yet have to confirm this.
    In the Ontario Canada Catholic parish register collection, called Drouin Collection on Anc., there is a marriage in 1940 at St. Patricks Cathedral in Ottawa, Ontario for a son of Edward Maurice Swords & Catherine Delahunty. The marriage register indicates that the son was baptized in Ireland in 1919. I won't post his name as he may still be living, but can send you the details via private messaging if you like. I don't know if he's connected to your Swords.

Adele