Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Hi
    Maybe they came to find work.
    I live in the area near to Stoke Bruerne its a lovely village has a Canal with boats
    Up until a few years ago their was a brick works in Buckinghamshire not to far away.
    Did they transport bricks on the canal boats.....

Sandy

Cati

Smile

Yes, I've been wondering about them transporting bricks by canal.... anyway, many many thanks for your help on this. Much appreciated.

david-eccleston

Having just read your post regarding Eccleston- Stoke Bruerne,i am 99% sure this ties up with my line of the Eccleston family with my direct decendent being Daniel . The marrage to Sarah Bagget, the location occupation and siblings all match.
    Sorry to say i have no information concerning earlier relatives but i do have details from this date to present day following Daniels line if any may be of interest?

David Eccleston

Cati

Hi David

Yes, it looks as though we are related...

I'd love to find out more about Daniel's descendants (I come from his daughter Mary's line): I also now have details of Daniel's parents and his father's parents and siblings.

I'll gladly share any information.

Daniel married twice: are you descended from his marriage to Sarah? If so then you may (I hope!) be interested to learn that Sarah was descended from the Bagot family of Blythfield Hall: there are some very interesting links in her tree and I understand that a distant relative of hers married Colonel John Lane who helped Charles II escape after the incident in the oak tree.... another was the magistrate who arrested Mary Queen of Scots...

I'll let you have as much info as I have as soon as possible (it's packed away at the moment due to impending house move). Do you want to PM me and we can exchange details?

Best wishes

Kate

Garen

Hello Kate and David

I was just idly looking for Ecclestons/Ecclestones and came across this thread - my gggg-grandfather was Charles Ecclestone, who I believe was the younger brother of Humphrey.

I have their ancestry as Charles b. abt 1771 > John Ecclestone b. abt 1737 (m. Jane Parton) > Thomas Ecclestone b.1700 (m. Mary) > Humphrey Ecclestone d.1715 (m. Catherine Peake 1699).

Humphrey and Charles' siblings: John (b abt 1759); Thomas (b at 1762, m. Elizabeth Ford 1788); William (b abt 1762, m. Sarah Latham 1779 (a relative disputes this, saying he married a Mary Drury - so need to check that out)); Eleanor (b abt 1769).

Charles m. Hannah Stanton 1793, children: Catherine (m.Thomas Pascal), John (m. Mary Harrison), Eleanora (m. Benjamin Bott), Mary, Sarah, Charles, Ann, William (m. Fanny Wright), Thomas (m. Harriet Abberley).

Best wishes -
    Garen

Cati

Hi Garen: many thanks. I'm on a libary computer at the moment so no access to my Eccleston records: if you'd like to PM me through this site we can exchange details pehaps?

Best wishes

Cati

Garen

Thanks, Cati - I have PM'd you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12