Cati

Smile Greetings from Yorkshire

Hi
    I started tracing my family tree in the pre-internet days of the late 1980s, but abandoned it for several reasons including a diasterous marriage - I started again last year and am amazed at how much easier it is (sometimes!) now...

Fortunately my Nan was still alive when I started and although a lot of the family stories seem to be pure fantasy (no, Nana, your grandfather wasn't a lay preacher who died when he fell downstairs drunk and broke his neck the year before you were born: he was a brickmaker who died in bed of TB when you were a year old) (response from Nan: well you've got the wrong man then) she had a fund of stories and photographs.

Names and areas: Staffordshire: Cox, Westwood, Hartland, Eccleston, Griffiths, Nuttall/Nuttle/Nuttal, Spicer, Burgess, Frost, Palmer
    North Wales: Worthington
    Northamptonshire: Eccleston
    Devon: Cox
    London: Gill

Look forward to talking to you all

Cati

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Cati View Post
    Hi
    Fortunately my Nan was still alive when I started and although a lot of the family stories seem to be pure fantasy (no, Nana, your grandfather wasn't a lay preacher who died when he fell downstairs drunk and broke his neck the year before you were born: he was a brickmaker who died in bed of TB when you were a year old) (response from Nan: well you've got the wrong man then) she had a fund of stories and photographs.Cati
    I absolutely love that.

Welcome to the forum Cati.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi Cati, you sound like a breathe of fresh air. guess you told Nana Huh? perhaps after she stopped listening. Hope you can match up your photographs to real fact with help here. enjoy us here.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Rich Cornell

Hi Cati,
    What area do your Nuttalls come from, they are also in my tree, orig from Derby area, now in West Yorks (Pontefract area).
    Rich c