Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Default Census Information - Jersey

Forgive me if this is a ridiculously simple question - but can you point me in the direction of searchable census information for Jersey!

My great grandfather ORLANDO JOHN BOWDEN was born 1852 in St Helier, the son of JOHN BOWDEN and EDITH nee TREGANZA. John and Edith were married in St Helier 10 June 1847; John's father being JOHN BOWDEN a lawyer.

Several years ago, I had some information about the 1851 census (but cannot now remember where from ), but know nothing about any later census.

If anyone can help - I would be very grateful!!!

Reputation beyond repute

"Forgive me if this is a ridiculously simple question - but can you point me in the direction of searchable census information for Jersey!"

Included under England and Wales.

Jo Simpsons

Ancestry have some census on for Jersey. Not sure how much. I don't think you can search 1881 on the LDS site but you can if you have the discs.

Jo

Loves to help with queries

Default Jersey Census

Ancestry have 1871/81/91 Channel Islands census information but is a subscription based site. Otherwise,e-mail [email protected].
    From personal experience I know that are very helpful and may be able to offer a lookup for you.

Tullamore