Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mrs-simpson

Default Maybe Related

I am thinking that your mother may very well be my father's cousin.

We (being my older sister and I) Have been searching for information about my father's family for a long time. My Grandmother has given us very little (practically nothing) information about our grandfather. All we know is, he was hit by a truck riding his bike in 1947. My father was 10 months old and his sister was a couple of years older. From what we have been told he was riding to my Aunties birthday party.

Charles Henry Dalstenne's burial plot is located at a cemetary in Kedron, on Kitchener Rd. My sister found it in 1986. We have very few photos of my grandfather. I am wondering if i posted the photos in an album on my personal page could you take a look at them to see if you or any of your family members recognise the faces.

You will laugh when i tell you that we also have a running joke in our family about the size of our noses.

I really appreciate any information or time taken from you. The information you have given me just seems too much of a coincidence to not ask you for more assistance.

Thanks heaps,
    nicole.

deewood8

Default Mick Dalstenne

Quote Originally Posted by mrs-simpson View Post
    I am thinking that your mother may very well be my father's cousin.

We (being my older sister and I) Have been searching for information about my father's family for a long time. My Grandmother has given us very little (practically nothing) information about our grandfather. All we know is, he was hit by a truck riding his bike in 1947. My father was 10 months old and his sister was a couple of years older. From what we have been told he was riding to my Aunties birthday party.

Charles Henry Dalstenne's burial plot is located at a cemetary in Kedron, on Kitchener Rd. My sister found it in 1986. We have very few photos of my grandfather. I am wondering if i posted the photos in an album on my personal page could you take a look at them to see if you or any of your family members recognise the faces.

You will laugh when i tell you that we also have a running joke in our family about the size of our noses.

I really appreciate any information or time taken from you. The information you have given me just seems too much of a coincidence to not ask you for more assistance.

Thanks heaps,
    nicole.
    Thankyou very very much, I have just got off the phone with mum and she has some info.
    There were five children to Henry Dalstenne senior, Alice, May, Mem, Nancy (NAN), and Mick. Mick was born 1920 he was born here in Australia all other siblings born in London. Henry Dalstenne Senior was in WI, WII, in WI he lied about his age and joined up at the age of 14/15 in London and yes he died in Veterans Affair in Sydney. My Great Gran ALice Cotton, left all children and apparently ran off with another man, she was a beautiful singer but an alcoholic... When Mick died his wife remarried and apparently her new husband could not fit in with the Dalstenne Family so they had little contact. Of all the sisters in the Dalstenne family there is only one left and she is Aunty May who was the president of the CWA in Sydney. She now resides in a nursing home in Sydney but still has all her wits etc...
    CHeers Dee

deewood8

Quote Originally Posted by deewood8 View Post
    Thankyou very very much, I have just got off the phone with mum and she has some info.
    There were five children to Henry Dalstenne senior, Alice, May, Mem, Nancy (NAN), and Mick. Mick was born 1920 he was born here in Australia all other siblings born in London. Henry Dalstenne Senior was in WI, WII, in WI he lied about his age and joined up at the age of 14/15 in London and yes he died in Veterans Affair in Sydney. My Great Gran ALice Cotton, left all children and apparently ran off with another man, she was a beautiful singer but an alcoholic... When Mick died his wife remarried and apparently her new husband could not fit in with the Dalstenne Family so they had little contact. Of all the sisters in the Dalstenne family there is only one left and she is Aunty May who was the president of the CWA in Sydney. She now resides in a nursing home in Sydney but still has all her wits etc...
    CHeers Dee
    Yes please post your photos and I will try to get some from my aunt as you are aware there are very few photos..

mrs-simpson

Talking

Well, my dad is definantly your mums cousin. This is so exciting for us because we have been looking for such a long time. We knew that Pop(we still call him that even though we never met him) was called Mick. My Aunty named her son Michael after him.
    I will post the photos for you in the next couple of days. My sister will have to go and get them from dad. He will have put them somewhere safe and probably take a day or two to find them.lol.

I don't know if your mum is interested or if your aunt may is interested but we are quite a large family. My dad has 4 children. Kim is my oldest sister,41 next week. Darren is nearly 40 and then their is my twin sister Kelly and I. Nicole. 30 this year. We have 12 children between us. My Aunty has 3 children and 3 grandchildren. My nan is also still alive as is her husband. I think she finds it hard to talk about something that happened so long ago but we can see how important it is to our father. He wants to ask Nana all the tough questions but knows that it upsets her, i think that she is pleased that we want to know about Pop and his family. She has also said that she tried to keep contact with Pop's family but Granpop(her new husband) made it very difficult for her. My Dad did grow up with Granpops name but as soon as he was old enough he changed it back to Dalstenne. From all our searching we have never found any others with our surname. But within our family we now have at least 4 new young gentlemen to carry it on. All of my sisters boys are Dalstenne.

deewood8

Thankyou Nicole, My mum is 71 now I am soon to be 48, I have two brothers Terrence james and Mark Anthony (Marslen). My gran married into the Cropley family (Thomas Edward) which is also a very secretive family, my grandad was quite a bit older than my gran and he died when my mum was around 12 years of age in Broken Hill. Your Dads aunty my gran Alice had seven children, William (Billy), Kath, Marion, Edward (Ted) ,Kath, Joyce (Joy) and Peter.
    My Mum and Aunty Kath would love to speak to you and catch up they also have been wanting information about their families. As regard your dads step dad, my said that he was very jealous of the Dalstenne family and that is why they lost contact. I know my gran was very close with her siblings as she was the one. being the eldest who had to look after them. Mum was telling me yesterday that there was a younger sister Ethel who died at one years of age. The story was that ALice the mother left who chilren and ran off with a gentleman, my gran bundled up her little sister and went from hotel to hotel to find her mum to help with the sister. Nevethless, she died in my grans arms, my mum tells me my gran had a very hard life. Thankyou for your reply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12