Debbie Bozkurt

Default PACKWOOD and BELL in Shelton and Dean

Dear All

Just discovered that my 5 x Great Grandfather Thomas Jarvis from Eaton Socon married a Sarah Packwood in 1784 Shelton. I could find two Sarah Packwood's one born in Swineshead and one born in Dean, both 1761. The Sarah born in Dean was to Robert Packwood and Sarah Bell, and the family were living in Shelton at the time of Sarah's marriage so I can assume that my 6 x Great Grandparents were Robert Packwood and Sarah Bell. I have found children born to Robert and sarah but can not find much else about them other than Roberts father also appears to be called Robert but not where the family originated.

Sarah Bell's father appears to have been James Bell and mother Dorothy from Dean. I can not find much else about James or Dorothy other than a brother called Isaac Bell who married a Mary Robertson. I can not find a birth for James Bell but there is an Isaac Bell in Dean who married in the late 1690s but I can not find any children to that marriage.

Is anyone doing any research on either this family of Packwoods or the family of Bells, I would be interested in the siblings or where orginally the Packwoods came from

Regards

Debbie

Fiona67

Default IGI

I found a possibility for Robert's birth

Robert Packwood Christened 14 MAY 1738 Dean, Bedford, England
    Parents Robert Packwood and Elizabeth

Robert Packwood m Elizabeth Mayes 14 OCT 1821 Dean, Bedford, England

These are extracted records so they should be reliable

Hope that helps

Regards
    Fiona

Fiona67

Default Oops

Just looked at that again and the marriage that I posted previously couldn't have been Roberts b 1738's parents BUT there is a possible marriage on the IGI for his parents

Robert Packwood m Betty Smith 13 11 1726 Dean Bedfordshire England. It is not an extracted record but there is a Batch number.

Source Information: Batch Number: 7206226 Sheet: 69 Source Call No.: 0820223 Type: Film

Sorry about the earlier mistake

Regards
    Fiona