Marief

Default PENSYLVANIA LOOK UP PLEASE/JOHNSON

My Granduncle JAMES JOHNSON born 1870 in Wrockwardine in Salop. He emigrated to the USA ?. In 1897 he married Florence Lowe in Pensylvania. From the census he appears to have only three daughters,and was living in the Rankin Boro of Allegheny, Pensylvania. By 1930 they had all left home. I have photos of their children, so I know they married. The only Identificaion I have is that one of the children is 'Helen's son Jimmy' The birthdates of the three sisters are:EDITH JOHNSON BORN 1898, MABEL JOHNSON BORN 1900 and HELEN JOHNSON BORN 1907 I would really like to know who they married so that I can be united with my newfound cousins. Icant seem to find my way around the American system of finding marriages. Thanks

Marie.

racing girl

Marie
    Marriage and divorce records are not available from the Division of Vital Records. They are usually obtained from the courthouse in the county where the marriage license was issued or divorce decree was granted.
    Marriage records from 1885 to present for Allegheny County are available from the following address:

City-County Building
    Allegheny County
    414 Grant Street, 1st Floor
    Pittsburgh, PA 15219-2403
    (412) 350 4180

Not sure what their criteria is for obtaining details though, I'll keep looking for other info and post again if I find anything useful.

Brenda
    Last edited by racing girl; 16-04-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: More info

racing girl

Allegheny County's page on the USGenWeb project:

Allegheny Co

There's lots of info here but it's a bit disjointed. I was wondering if you could track down the death and obituary for James Johnson, if you knew where the family was living from the census data try and find a library in the closest town and email them. They often have old newspapers, this is exactly how I tracked down my own second cousins from Pennsylvania.

Brenda