Loves to help with queries

Default Cowley/Oxford Kelly's Directories

I have found a relation Mrs Charlotte Parkinson as the sub-postmistress at Cowley Post Office from 1891 Census and in Kellys Directories for 1903, 1907 & 1911. Does anyone have access to Kelly's from 1911 as this will indicate how long Charlotte was there. She actually married Rees Rhys-Morgan in 1909 so may appear as Mrs Charlotte Rhys-Morgan or Mrs Charlotte Morgan.
    Charlotte & Rees Morgan arrived in Southampton in about 1932.
    As ever appreciate any help.
    Colin

christopher_n_lewis

Oxfordshire Studies has an almost-complete run of Kelly's Directory of Oxford and Neighbourhood. They came out every one or two years, so can be more useful than the County directories.

Thank you for the information.
    Does anyone have access to Oxfordshire Studies for Oxford Kellys from after 1911?
    Many thanks.
    Colin

Recently got back to looking at this question. A google search for Oxfordshire Studies took me to their website. They offer short "lookups" or can direct to researchers for more complicated or longer research enquiries.
    Within a couple of days of my enquiry I learnt that Charlotte Parkinson appears as the sub-postmistress at Cowley until the 1914-15 Kellys and then in her new name Mrs C Morgan until 1925.
    Full marks to the Senior Librarian, Local Studies, Oxfordshire Studies.
    Colin

Alexandrina

There are some terrific resources for Oxford history, including directories and other listings on the Oxford History site

https://www.headington.org.uk/oxon/index.htm

Enjoy

Lexy