Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LynJames

Default Lewisham parish registers

Does anyone have access to the Lewisham registers?

I have unconfirmed information that William Miskin married Margaret Wilkerson in 1728 and separate unconfirmed information that a son Leonard was born in the same parish to the couple in 1721. I know pre-marriage children was not unheard of, but can anyone confirm either or both of these entries?

I'm thinking maybe they are both correct and that William married for a second time between 1721 and 1728.

Thanks
    Lyn

Marie C..

Lewisham library hold a lot of records. They might help. www.lewisham.gov.uk
    M.

Marie C..

Indeed it will help us both Bo.
    Does it include Sydenham (before 1830 )do you think?M

Jan1954

Hi there,

St Bartholomew's, Sydenham was built between 1827 and 1832 and the parish was created in 1855 from some of that which was covered by Lewisham St Mary.

So....... I would go for the link that Bo has posted.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only baptisms and burials? I don't think this includes marriages before 1801?

Kerrywood

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Thanks, Bo. Looks like the marriages should be covered for that period, then. Good news

Kerrywood

Marie C..

Thanks Jan.

LynJames

Default Lewisham registers

Thanks for all the responses to my post about the Lewisham registers.

I'm doing the research for a friend and was hoping not to have to order the CD ROM as I thought someone may already have it and might be able to do a look up.

Kind regards
    Lyn

Thomasin

In 1830 there was a fire at St Mary's Lewisham and the registers were damaged - but they were repaired, and there are also transcripts. They also have Bishops Transcripts from before the fire, 1799-1809.

If you let me have all the information you have (and all the information you want), I will go over to Lewisham Library and look it up for you. I'm getting to know that place!

Thomasin

LynJames

Hi Pam

If your CD is easily searchable, could you possibly see if you can find the people in my original query at Lewisham please?

1721 bap. Leonard Miskin
    1728 mar. William Miskin

Many thanks
    Lyn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast