Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Middleborough name

I am looking for anybody who is researching the surname Middleborough. My Middleborough family lived in Rochdale in 1835.. They also lived in the Manchester area possibily before 1835 and after 1835.

Grandmother - Alice Maud Middleborough - 1896 - 1969
    G grandfather - Joseph Middleborough - (Dec 1857) - 1911 (born in M/c)
    GG grandfather - Joseph Middleborough 1835 - (April 1857) (born in Rochdale)
    GGG grandfather - John Middleborough

Any help, however small would be appreciated.

kingmytten

Default Middleborough

have you tried putting it in Google or searching the message boards on ancestry or rootsweb? I looked in the GRD to see if anyone was doing that name but no luck. Some doing Middleburgh.
    Andrea

uksearch

Default Census returns1841 - 1901

What,if any, Census details do you need?

UK

Default Middleborough name

I am slowly searching through the 1841, 1861 & 1891 censuses. As yet I have not been very successful. Joseph Middleborough (born 1857) and his Wife, Mary Ann (nee Edwards) are on the 1881 census. His father, Joseph, was born in Rochdale and christened at St Chads. I have the birth, marriage and death certificates for Joseph (born in 1857) . I think the first Joseph (born 1835) had brothers and sisters but until I find them on a census I do not know for sure. I suspect they moved from Rochdale to the Manchester area but I do not know where abouts possibly Ardwick and or the surrounding areas. I am hoping to purchase the 1851 census soon but if anybody has the 1851 census I would be grateful for a look up. Father, John, Mother Sarah children Stephen, John, Jas (?) and Joseph but I don't know which order or if there are any more children. Many thanks. Linda

Reputation beyond repute

"I am looking for anybody who is researching the surname Middleborough"
    Are you aware of the one-name study of Middleborough and variants?

https://www.one-name.org/cgibin/searc...=Middleborough

uksearch

There are lots of Middleborough bdms on the freebdm site in the Chorlton ( & South Manchester ) RD and Ashton.I'll have a look at the Ardwick films to see if I can spot them on the 1851 Census.

UK

uksearch

Default 1851 Census Ardwick

HO 107 2220 folio 255
    33 Briscoe St
    John MIDDLEBOROUGH..H..M..42..Mechanic - Machine Maker..Lancs,Colne
    Sarah..W..M..38..Bury
    Stephen..S..U..18..Printer - Letter Press..Bury
    Joseph..S..16..Mechanic - Machine Maker..Rochdale
    James..S..7..Scholar..Ardwick
    John..S..3..Ardwick
    Mary Ann..D..1..Ardwick

UK

uksearch

Default Weddings

On the Lancs BMD site is a marriage at St Leonards, Middleton 1839 between John MIDDLEBOROUGH and Sarah BARNES.I'll have a look at the PRs and let you have the details.My gggps were married in this church in 1827.
    Also on the same site are the marriage of Hannah MIDDLEBOROUGH,St Mary's ,Prestwich 1837 and Ellen MDDLEBOROUGH,St Mary The Virgin,Bury 1845.I'll have a look at these PRs as well and see if they all have the same father.

UK

uksearch

Default 1891 Census A U L

RG 12 3278 folio 81
    68 Oldham Rd,Ashton U Lyne
    Joseph MIDDLEBORO..H..M..33..???? Beer Manufacturer (Brew)..Manchester
    Mary..W..M..32..Manchester
    Beatrice..D..8..Scholar..Manchester
    Mary..D..6..Scholar..A U L
    Joseph..S..5..A U L
    John Arthur..S..A U L

UK

Default Middleborough

Hi, thanks very much for the trouble you have gone to. I really do appreciate it. I will see where it fits in with the information I have. Again, many thanks
    Linda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast