ann johnston

Smile william bagshaw - accident

hi

i am trying to find an answer to a mystery for my aunt her grandfather mr william bagshaw was killed in 1908 round about the age of 30 - 35 he was involved in a accident with a horse and cart i cannot find his death on the sites but i was wondering can anyone tell me how i can access the newspapers for that year to see if i can find it in them the family seem to be from lancashire maybe the manchester area she has been researching her family tree by visiting churches etc but she would like to know how he got killed

many thanks ann

kingmytten

All newspapers are at held at Colindale near London https://www.bl.uk/collections/newspapers.html The local record office for the area should be able to point you in the right direction or try the genuki site. Are you sure it was 1908. Try several years either side for his death. I got the year wrong for my Dad and he only died ten years ago!
    Andrea

kingmytten

Further thoughts.... What was his occupation? There is a William Bagshaw in 1901 in Manchester who was a furniture remover and the age is vaguely right. If you look for him on census records you might discover where he lived. Who was he married to? Kids? Any extra snippets help. Did he leave a will? etc ....
    Andrea

ann johnston

Smile

hi king

many thanks sorry i forgot to post an update on here he was killed in bakewell in 1910 thats all i know i was hoping to find the newpaper article on it he was 35 at the time the mystery is was he drunk or saving the bolted cart his job was a carter i reposted it on the derbyshire forum i found the death at the county records on saturday, i am nit sure about a will how do i trace wills ?????

many thanks for all your help much appreciated

ann