Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Joan Holland

Thumbs up Thankyou !

WOW!! - Thanks to you all for the great information. Lots for me to research now. Can't thank you enough.

regards, Joan

Reputation beyond repute

"WOW!! - Thanks to you all for the great information"
    You're welcome. I take it that you understand what your next steps are? Primarily to get some certificates?

For your information, although uksearch seems to be have access to ancestry, all the information I posted is available online and absolutely free of charge.

I think the ones I looked at were the National Archives 1901 census site, FreeBMD, Cheshire BMD and the LDS 1881 census. I also checked some locations using the GenUKI registration districts pages. I hope the contributions here have been helpful and, most importantly, that they have given you more insight into suitable research techniques.
    Last edited by Guest; 22-08-2007 at 5:04 AM.

uksearch

I also used all of those sites mentioned.

UK
    Last edited by uksearch; 01-03-2005 at 7:20 PM.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey
    ?

For your information, although uksearch seems to be have access to ancestry, all the information I posted is available online and absolutely free of charge.
    Peter,
    I think you'll find that UK has access to much more and much better than ancestry And that information, though not on line is also free of charge to the end user.
    Perhaps you should take note of his location

John
    Last edited by Guest; 22-08-2007 at 5:05 AM.

Joan Holland

Default Many, many thanks

John, uk, Peter, Kath - to you all, thankyou so much! I have noted all the sites you mention and I am eager to start searching through them. I have only just started my family history quest and all the information I have received through the forum has been fantastic. I'm sure I have loads to learn, but I know this forum was the best place to start.

Thanks again, Joan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12