SUSSEXDER

Question Nightingale Family

Hello again,Please could someone help me.I am trying to find a few marriage dates /deaths for my Nightingale family.

Marriage/Death; of Joseph Solomon Nightingale Born;26th July 1890 Westcott Dorking Surrey, ( living Brighton area from 1905)

Marriage/Death; of Frank William Nightingale; Born July-Sept 1896 in Warnham Sussex. ( living Brighton area from 1905.)

Mariage /Death;of Alice Maria Nightingale; Born Jan-March 1898 Warnham Sussex.
    (Living Brighton area from 1905)

Marriage DATE /Death ;of Henry Colenso Nightingale Born April-June 1900
    (Living Brighton area from 1905.)

Marriage/Death ;of James Victor Nightingale Born; Sept 1907 Brighton Sussex

Marriage/Death;of Florence Mary Nightingale Born;Jan-March 1911 Brighton Sussex.

Marriage/Death of Stella G Nightingale Born Jan-March 1913 Brighton Sussex.

Im asking alot, but is it worth a try.?

Thank you.

Sussexder.
    Last edited by SUSSEXDER; 03-04-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling.

Copper

Try looking for the marriages on Free BMD. I found the frist female on your list.

The deaths will be a hard long slog searching the GRO death indexes. These are available on pay to view sites or on fiche in some large libraries/record offices.

SUSSEXDER

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Try looking for the marriages on Free BMD. I found the frist female on your list.

The deaths will be a hard long slog searching the GRO death indexes. These are available on pay to view sites or on fiche in some large libraries/record offices.
    Copper, the only marriage I found on BMD for the first female on my list was the name mentioned,but my one would only have been 8years old in 1906,!!
    thanks anyway.

Sophie.

Copper

You must have done something wrong because I found this one:-

1919 Dec Brighton 2b 609
    Alice M NIGHTINGALE surname of spouse HUGGETT

Sadly Mr Huggett appears to be missing on Free BMD.

I asked Free BMD to search for a marriage of Alice Nightingale in Sussex from 1918 and left the to box empty. In other words it searched from 1918 to the last year they have transcribed.
    Last edited by Copper; 03-04-2009 at 5:13 PM. Reason: Wrong year typed grrr

Copper

I have just checked on a pay to view site and the spouse is Robert P HUGGETT.

I hope that this helps.

SUSSEXDER

Thumbs down Nightingale Family.

Copper, I went through the BMD like you said,and found three of the people I listed out of which one had been born and died in the same year.
    The others are not on BMD yet. except a birth of the person you found above. Guess I will have to wait yet a while.
    Sophie.

SUSSEXDER

Default Nightingale Family

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    I have just checked on a pay to view site and the spouse is Robert P HUGGETT.

I hope that this helps.
    Copper, I found it,I did it your way.thanks so much,
    Sophie.

Copper

Good to hear it worked for you

SUSSEXDER

Default Nightingale Family

Thanks Copper,I tried it with other siblings but failed to come up with anything,so I will put it to rest now. Thanks alot for your time.

Sophie.

rubyroo7

Hi, I saw your post, and if you are interested, my grandfather is F.W. Nightingale. He married Avis Souch in 1920 and they had 5 children. He died in 1972. I can give you more info if you need it. I know little about his immediate family so an exchange of info would be great.
    Debbie