Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
Glenys

I am a complete computer dunce but like you I use Front Page to run a (non genealogical) website, which has quite a few photos. I am pretty sure some of these have originally been bitmaps, because I have definitely used Paint to save them as .jpgs, and I seem to remember being offered the upper case .JPEG options and clicking on it. However, I have just told my computer to search for any file with the .JPEG suffix and it can't come up with a single one, so maybe they all get stored as .jpgs anyway? Try going into Front Page and just clicking on Insert Picture from File and then clicking on the desired photo, without trying to type in the file name. If it brings up the photo you may find it has interpreted it as .jpg anyway.
Thanks for your reply Sue.

I tried your suggestion and inserted the picture without typing the file name in (which is what I did before) but it didn't change it to lower case. It also added it to the image folder with upper case. I know that the coding will show upper case, and the photo in the image folder and thumbnails will match, but I believe that when everything is uploaded, it has to be in lower case. Never mind, I'll have another go when I have more time. It's so frustrating as I put on several photos recently with no hassle, but they were scans I had done of the photos and so were jpegs. Sigh!

I think this will be the last time I do another website, I can't stand the stress!

Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

Glenys