Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    GeoffLondon

Post St Marylebone Workhouse - query

Hi

I am also new to this forum and I have a query that I hope someone out there maybe able to help with. I have identified that my grandfather Charles William Evans was born at 1, Northumberlans Street Marylebone on Jan 10th 1909. I understand that this is the address of the St Marylebone workhouse. I have looked online but I cant see anywhere where I can check the births/residency of my Great Grandmothe believe dto be Julia Bridget Evans who I think wwas not married but took the surname of the father.
    Does anyone know whether the births/admissions for this workhouse are avilable onlne to view?
    Any help most gratefully received

GeoffLondon

Hi.. I noticed your response and I wondered where I can get access to the St Marylebone workhouse admisisons register? I ma trying to confirm that my grandfather was born there on jan 10th 1909. His birth certificate suggests he was but I have not been able to confirm it.

Any help most gratefully received
    Geoff

Reputation beyond repute

His birth certificate suggests he was but I have not been able to confirm it.
    I wouldn't say there's any doubt just judging from the birth certificate. 1 Northumberland Street was the St Marylebone Workhouse.

Surviving St Marylebone Poor Law records are at the London Metropolitan Archives (LMA) in Islington. Some are online at Ancestry, viewable free from most public libraries.

BUT births would be in the infirmary and records may be filed separately from the Poor Law records (reflecting the way records were inherited by the local authority run institution and ultimately by the NHS).

See the Hospital Records Database

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/h...rds/search.asp

Records for this period seem to be at the LMA.

GaDoinks

Default Rose Maytham

Hi,
    I have been re searching the Jerono line as I'm a descendent of Charles Francis and Berthold was my great Uncle.
    So first to arrive in the UK from Germany was Franz (Frank) Jerono. His father was Philip.
    Berthold G was born 1852 and married Emma Annie Davidson. I have the marriage certificate, He became a widower and married again Emily Kate Eliza Beck she was his housekeeper when they were both 43 in the 1901 census. I think they married the following year. The same year Berthold died. I will try and supply more information. So not his first wife, which might help you with the muddle of the children. I also have been contacted by another ancestry member who has sent me copies of Emily Kate's gravestone which is combined with her parents. I can let you have the pictures, but don't know how to attach anything on this site. My email adress is spanspek AT barvallei DOT co DOT za I live in the Cape in South Africa.
    Kind regards
    Rose
    Last edited by Jan1954; 18-05-2012 at 4:44 PM. Reason: Email address edited to try to deter spammers

Jan1954

Hello Rose - welcome to Brit-Gen

I can let you have the pictures, but don't know how to attach anything on this site.
    In order to attach a photograph or other document, please use a website such as Photobucket or similar. Instructions on how to do this are here.

GaDoinks

Hi Michelle, Berthold was my grand uncle. My grandfather was Charles Francis Jerono, his father Franz often refered to as Frank as well came from Germany about 1870 his first marriage was to Maria Statthalter in 1883, to go further back from this has proved very difficult although we know that next up the tree were their fathers Philip Jerono a Cooper, Germany, area unknown, and Daniel Statthalter a tailor. Who did your mother decend from?
    Kind regards
    Rose

murrays53

Hi Rose, thanks for the info, I have checked everything I have put together and it seems I have been on the money so far!!!! Been a struggle as there are just so many of them all. It is a lot to get your head round so I just hope I get this right first go!! Your grandfather (Charles Francis Jerono) had a brother called Francis Aloyicious, his son Charles Harold Alfred Jerome born in 1920 was my mother's father (my grandfather!!). It is fantastic to be in touch with another distant relative of the Jerono clan!!!! Michelle

cdrinkhall

Some one in my Family Tree was born in St Marleybone Workhouse in 1848. His mother was admitted as an emergent. Does any one know if I can find out the address were they were living at the time of the admittance?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234