Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reputation beyond repute

Cambridgeshire Libraries provide free access to Ancestry.

Your choice of online supplier depends on what data you want. They don't all have identical holdings. You will not find one supplier who has everything that you want. I would advise using Ancestry free at the library and buying pay-as-you-go credits on other sites as needed.

Whatever you do, make sure that you have budgeted for certificates. I have no time for people who whine that "I've given £100 to Ancestry, I can't afford certificates as well". Wrong priorities!

murrays53

Looool, too true!!

Know I'm gonna sound dumb but hey ho, what is the difference between library records and home, are they more complete, correct etc. I am struggling to find where family went after the head of the family died between the 1891 and 1901 census...how would you recommend researching this?

many thanks, the two of you who have been replying/helping have moved the info I already had on by years!!

murrays53

i meant 1901-1911 census, soz!!

pennydog

FreeBMD has the death of Berthold Jerono December qtr 1902 Islington 1b 266 age 50

murrays53

Thank you but I already have that one, the one I am looking for is the Berthold Jerono b1882 and appears in the 1891 census but cannot find any trace of him after that

pennydog

I have looked everywhere that I can think of to try and find Berthold junior without any success, could he have been sent back to family in Germany when his father remarried? I can find no death that looks like him either.

Ancestry has electoral roll entries for Berthold b1851 for the years 1897 - 1900 and also has an entry in the probate calendar, probate date 7/1/1903 date of death 18/12/1902.

murrays53

it's a strange one isn't it? his brother frank is who was found earlier in this thread and i would think that frank would have been shipped out too as he was born in germany so doesn't really make much sense but thank you so much for looking for me, guess some things have to stay a mystery!!!

the family seems to have lots of mystery about it, even a 4 year old (pauline jerono - think birth record shows her as emma pauline) that appears with her mother, berthold's second wife, annie jerono - think again marriage cert shows her as emma annie) in the 1901 but cannot find them at all after his death in the 1911 and no confirmed records of death as far as i can see!!!!

have been in touch with my local library and am going to book a session on ancestry real soon!!!

thanks again

pennydog

Pauline (now called Emma) and her mother can be found on the 1911 census at 11 Palantine Road, Stoke Newington.

RG14 - PN1020 - SN147. FMP has the surname as Jerons.

murrays53

Thank you! I've now signed up for the free trial and also found out about sessions etc in local library when it runs out!!! Thanks to both of you for all of your help!!!!!!

murrays53

Hello, me again!

I have got loads of info needed but have got a bit stuck on the first wife of my mother's great grandfather. Her name was Emily Kate Beck and became Jerono when they married in 1883. By 1891 her husband had completed the census with another woman as his wife (who he wasn't actually married to til later!!). But the three children Franz and Kate had together were still living with Franz and his new wife. I am confused as I have probate record for 1920 with her husband as Frank Jerono (Franz) and their son Francis A as beneficiary. Any ideas how I could locate where she went as it is really bothering me!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks as ever!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast