Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    stonewall

Default emigration to australia

were do you get passenger list for people going to Australia in the 60s. Can fine before 1960 but not after.Also were do you go for Australia census as iv found the passenger list for the below. But were to go for census.

Fredk changed his name to mothers maiden name Rixon,emigrated Australia.married to a Maude.ref censurs australia191971925

Procat

Hi Stonewall,

The Australian National Archives hold the records you are interested in. See this fact sheet.

Australia has destroyed the census except for some from the 1800's. On the last two there was an option to have your information retained for posterity. This will be made available in a 100 years or so.

stonewall

Unhappy

thanks for your help but i had no luck was looking for a thomas mierau who moved out there in 1963 - 1965 . but when you put the name in all you get is 3 names who dont match. well it back to the drawing board ha ha

Procat

Bummer.

Depending how cheeky you are there is always this resource.

Seems a rare name - though many people have unlisted numbers now..

Dorset Girl

Suggest you try where Procat says - try NSW.

stonewall

i did that over a month ago wrote a note to a guy out there that i got from the white pages on the off chance. and it seems his the son of one off the daughters but he keeps sending letters asking me for more information on the family tree . so i keep sending but its one way traffic. then he says some off its wrong when i no it not. so was hopeing to find out myself when tom and hes family went and what they did.

Dorset Girl

In that case I suggest you ring him - I've always had more success with a live conversation that snail mail or even emails - I've made several calls to the UK recently and everyone has been extremely helpful - and if you use Skype it's also extremely cheap!!
    Marion

stonewall

yes i was thinking about that what is the time differance. are you are about 10 hours in front, also the phone number on the white pages is that the full number. just did not like to phone people out of the blue.

Procat

It is now 7.55pm in Victoria and New South Wales. Queensland is currently one hour behind that.

Brit Telecom may have a time zone comparison page - our white pages do.

That is the full number if dialing from within Australia. The (02) etc is the area code. I do not know what the code is for you to use for international calls from the U.K.

Dorset Girl

This will help you with the time and calling details etc - I'm sure he will be fine - we are quite a friendly lot!!!!!

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...ng.html?p2=136

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast