Workhorse

Default Thomas Wood and Amy?

To say i'm frustrated to a point of throwing the PC out of the window would be an understatement.

I am trying to locate the marriage details of Thomas Wood d.o.b: 1826 born in Clerkenwell and Amy ? d.o.b 1827 born in Spitalfields. Both of Middlesex.

I have located them on the 1861 census RG09/302, and I have found Amy on the 1871 Census RG10/569. But thats it. I can find no details of marriage even though they have a number of children.

Can anyone assist please.

James

Jan1954

Hello James,

.....marriage details of Thomas Wood d.o.b: 1826 born in Clerkenwell and Amy ? .....
    Have you found the birth registration for any of their children? If you can, and then send for the certificate, that should provide you with Amy's maiden name which, in turn, will provide another angle from which to search for the marriage.

Workhorse

Hi Jan

Believe it or not, I just had the same thought, but its still frustrating. It is the same with his birth. Can't find any details.

But I digress. Thank you for coming back so quickly.

James

Jan1954

If you can find the birth of the eldest child, that should have an address for the birth and, with any luck, provide a starting point for Parish Records to look at.

Good luck!

Workhorse

Fingers crossed!!

I have sent off for the Birth Certificate for what I hope is the eldest daughter.

James