Joan Holland

Question John and Hannah Bell

can any one help,i am looking for any information regarding my grand-parents John and Hannah bell,my father was an only child his name was James and he was born in Kava street Pendleton Salford,my grand-mother died in 1925 at the age of 57years her address when she died was Nansen street Salford

Jo Simpsons

Hi Joan, do you have your fathers birthdate, or grandparents marriage? The latest census info you can look at is 1901, any other information you have would be useful.

Jo

Joan Holland

Wink Hannah Bell

All i no of my grand parents is that my grand-mothers maiden name was Lawrenson

Jo Simpsons

There is a possible marriage on Freebmd,

John James Bell and on the same page Hannah Lawrinson
    Dec quarter, 1902, Salford, 8d 257,
    If this is the right certificate it would give you both fathers names and occupations.
    There is only one John James Bell showing in Lacashire, 20 years old. But he may not have used his full name on the census, more than 400 John Bells in Lancashire.
    I think you will need some more information to be able to go further, like the marriage certificate.
    Jo

uksearch

Default PR lookup

I was hoping that I may be able to look this marriage up in the Parish records,however the marriage took place at Salford Register Office.

UK

Joan Holland

Smile Thanks

Thanks to you all - I am now in possession of the marriage certificate and can continue my search. I would like to thank all of you for your help.

Thanks Joan

Jo Simpsons

Lovely news! Good luck in your search

Jo