GAFFER1

Default 2 brickWalls on main Branch

Hi All,
    I have two of these.
    1 Peter Mooney b1809 Ireland?
    Married Catherine Heron abt 1835 possibly Liverpool, Daughter Ellen B1836. [I have not been able to verify any of this information]
    I have the family on both the 1841 and 1851 Census lists, with the family living at Gascoyne St and Everton, and the extra children Elizabeth 1839, Peter 1844 and John 1849. How do I find the Marriage, the birth of Ellen and the way back to Ireland [This is stated on the front SHEET of the 1841Census, the back states Liverpool].

2 I have traced the other half of my branch back to Whitby and Henry Dring b1725. I know there are Drings listed in the IGI before this date, also that the Capt Cook musuem has a plaque with the names of 2 Drings dated 1686 on it. Any answers could be useful.
    Regards Gaffer

Wirral

Hi Gaffer
    Welcome to the forum.

What about this marriage?
    Peter MOONEY married Catharine AARON at St Patrick's Roman Catholic Church, Park Place, Liverpool.
    This is from https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....ernia/marr.htm
    Unfortunately, it is not possible to tell what date this marriage took place - the lookup service has been suspended indefinitley. You would need to look through the church records which are on microfilm at Liverpool Central Library. The good news is that if it is the correct marriage, then the children are likely to be baptised at the same church.

suzieq08

Hello Gaffer

I hope you don't mind my responding to your thread regarding your Ancestors - as I have the surname 'Mooney' in my Ancestral tree too!? I have very recently
    been able to trace (via the information contained within a Marriage Certificate) that they originate from Ireland too - the gentleman in question is 'Jonas Joseph Mooney' born 1811 Ireland, his wife was named Lydia. I searched my Ancestral information to see if the name 'Peter Mooney' appeared but as of yet - he does not - perhaps they are cousins?

I wonder if there is any connection with our Ancestors? As my 'Mooney's came to live in Liverpool and Jonas Mooney and his family appear in the 1861 England Census, address 23 Gerard St., Liverpool, Lancashire, Jonas's Occupation was a Shoe maker.

I wish you luck with your research and will keep you posted if I find a connection.
    If you would like me to share any information I have on my Mooney's with you please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best wishes.

Suzie

GAFFER1

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral View Post
    Hi Gaffer
    Welcome to the forum.

What about this marriage?
    Peter MOONEY married Catharine AARON at St Patrick's Roman Catholic Church, Park Place, Liverpool.
    This is from https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....ernia/marr.htm
    Unfortunately, it is not possible to tell what date this marriage took place - the lookup service has been suspended indefinitley. You would need to look through the church records which are on microfilm at Liverpool Central Library. The good news is that if it is the correct marriage, then the children are likely to be baptised at the same church.
    Thanks Wirral, I have that marriage certificate. Not much good doesnt give me any clues at all. Only the two people getting married, the date and the Vicar.
    Regards
    Gaffer

GAFFER1

Quote Originally Posted by suzieq08 View Post
    Hello Gaffer

I hope you don't mind my responding to your thread regarding your Ancestors - as I have the surname 'Mooney' in my Ancestral tree too!? I have very recently
    been able to trace (via the information contained within a Marriage Certificate) that they originate from Ireland too - the gentleman in question is 'Jonas Joseph Mooney' born 1811 Ireland, his wife was named Lydia. I searched my Ancestral information to see if the name 'Peter Mooney' appeared but as of yet - he does not - perhaps they are cousins?

I wonder if there is any connection with our Ancestors? As my 'Mooney's came to live in Liverpool and Jonas Mooney and his family appear in the 1861 England Census, address 23 Gerard St., Liverpool, Lancashire, Jonas's Occupation was a Shoe maker.

I wish you luck with your research and will keep you posted if I find a connection.
    If you would like me to share any information I have on my Mooney's with you please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best wishes.

Suzie
    Hi Suzie,
    No I dont mind, but I cant tell you anything as I cannot get back from the Marriage and I dont know really where he came from.
    Regards
    Gaffer

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by GAFFER1 View Post
    Thanks Wirral, I have that marriage certificate. Not much good doesnt give me any clues at all. Only the two people getting married, the date and the Vicar.
    Regards
    Gaffer
    When did the marriage take place? Is it a civil marriage certificate (ie post July 1837) or a marriage entry in a church register? Either way, what were the names of the witnesses? Unlike a certificate, the RC church register will also likely give the addresses of the witnesses.

GAFFER1

Here it is
    Marriage: 28 Oct 1834 St Patrick, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
    Peter Mooney -
    Catharine Aaron -
    Witness: John Aaron; Anne Maguire
    Register: Marriages 1827 - 1848, Page 65, Entry 1
    Source: LDS Film 396378
    The first Witness was John Aaron [Possibly her father] the other is unknown to me as yet.