stickymone

Default WW2 RAAF Photographs

During WW2 my father-in-law was a member of 461 sqdn RAAF. He was a radar technichan on Sunderlands. Although an Australian sqdn there were an awlful lot of British and Canadian airmen serving with the sqdn. I have found a large number of wartime photos showing members of the sqdn, a lot of them have the names written on the back. I'm quite happy to share this info but, I'm not sure the best way to do it. I could list all the names or If anybody has an interest in 461 sqdn wait for them to contact me. Hopefully one of the mods will pick this up and advise me the best way.

Stickymone

I think it all depends on the quality of the photograph, the resolution it is scanned in and how it is presented.
    On a web page,
    list the names like you suggested, but where?
    is there an association for ex members you can sent on the information.
    There are other methods of passing on the details, but I am sure that this forum isn't the right place, due to the the volume of names which would be involved.

stickymone

Hi Neil,

I think you're right, this forum is not the place to list the names, there's far to many to put on a thread. I think by creating a thread about 461 sqdn should be enough, if members do want to check anything they can easily contact me.

As far as what to do with all these photos I think I'll contact the museum at Penbroke Dock which was the main UK base for Sunderlands duting the war.

Thanks for your input, I did need to bounce this off somebody, it would be a shame to put them back in a box for another 60+ years

Stickymone