Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old PIcs

Peter_uk_can

Now this is like a thread made of cobweb. Lord Brabourne, had a connection through marriages with the Bonham-Carter and Rothschild families.

There are French and Spanish connections and Lord Barbourne travelled the world quite a bit.

None of which seems to identify the photo, but may rattle some better brain cells than I have.

As a point of interest, where on the back of the photo does it say Mr "Taylor"

It's just that in a lot of photo's I have, if a copy was made for someone it seems that there maybe an instinct to write the name in the top left corner, whereas naming the person would be in the middle or along the bottom.

As I said, its all cobweb threads, but without a guess we can sometimes come to a complete stop.

B.J.D.

If I may add my five eggs,

I'm pretty sure that the sword is a Napoleonic Mameluke Scimitar and that the Pickle-Baum belonged to either a Prussion or Bavarian officer.
    The right to left wearing of the sash would be very unusual for an ordinary officer, though not for royalty.
    Another anomoly as I see it is. Officers "Dress uniforms" were imaculately tailored to the individual, which is not the case here.
    The tunic and boots were made for a much larger person and the robe? "UHHH well UUMM yes"

My opinion, for what it is worth,is that this rather distinguished looking gent is:- A) An actor or B) Lavishly dressed for a pageant/ball.

It's about now that someone comes up with catagoric proof, that the photograph is of none other than "Crown Prince Frankfurter". The long lost nephew of "King Bradworst".
    Wouldn't that be a lesson in keeping my opinions to myself!!

Pop round for a cuppa'

Knowledgeable and helpful

So () if he's an actor portraying someone in particular maybe there's a theatrical programme somewhere on the planet...or...if in fancy dress a notice about a forthcoming pageant/ball in the area.

Dawn Tolson

Web indeed and to add more to the web here is another photo - this one we think was taken in India - any help or connections?

Wonder if it's a convalescent home during WWI? Gentleman in the middle seems to have a bandaged head and three of the men on the right are presumably in Khaki? Any connections to military men in India during WWI?

Dawn Tolson

I belive lord Brabourne was something to do with India - wondered if this could be anything to do with him?

Depends on dates relating to him...

Peter_uk_can

Maybe this explains something

Lord Brabourne
    Film producer

Film producer Lord Brabourne, whose many movies included A Passage to India and Murder on the Orient Express, has died at the age of 80.
    Film producer Lord Brabourne, whose many movies included A Passage to India and Murder on the Orient Express, has died at the age of 80.
    He passed away peacefully on Thursday at his home in Kent with his wife of 60 years, Countess Mountbatten of Burma, and their six children at his side, a family spokeswoman said.
    The arrangements for the funeral and a later memorial service will be announced in due course, the spokeswoman said.
    "It is with great sadness that we announce the death of the film producer, Lord Brabourne," the spokeswoman said.
    "John Brabourne died peacefully yesterday at his home in Kent surrounded by his devoted wife of nearly 60 years, Countess Mountbatten of Burma, and their six surviving children."
    Details of the cause of death were not released.
    Lord Brabourne also produced Othello with Lawrence Olivier in 1965 and Up The Junction and Romeo and Juliet in 1967.

Might explain the other photo and the connection with India/Burma.

Is Louis Mountbatten in the photo ? There must be photos of Lord Brabourne

Is the time frame right ?

Peter_uk_can

Could this be the man in the photo.

Hair parting usually never changes. This a Norton Knatchbull the brother of Lord Brabourne. Norton never married and was killed by the Nazis in 1943.

There's a later photo of Norton on Flickr.com but his mouth looks too small in comparison.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast