jbevan

Smile joyce looking for silvester kemp

I am looking for Daniel & Silvester Kemp. Traveling family

Daniel Born1825 Dover Kent
    Silvester (wife) Born 1826 Lingfield Sussex

I am looking for parent of the above

DavidKemp

Hi Joyce
    Its over 3 years since you posted this so you may already have found the answers, if so I'd like to share your info. D & S are my 3 times great grandparents, I have quite a bit of information on them but unfortunately no confirmation of Daniel's parents, I have seen an entry on Kemp Family History site for Daniel Kemp (and parents) but I am not convinced of the accuracy (yet). I have a baptism record for Sylvester Howes, in Lindfield, W Sussex. I have never been able to find a marriage record for them.
    I would like to know your connection so please contact me if you wish to discuss. Just joined this site so not sure yet of the protocol for contacting. David Kemp

Mutley

Joyce is still a member of the forum but has not been active since this thread was started.
    If you click her user name jbevan and then click Private Message, you can send her a message and she should receive an email notification that you have done so. The Private Message system is exactly that - Private.

Good Luck.

Mutley

I did a little bit of digging around and I doubt I have found anything that you do not already have.
    Silvester was in Cuckfield Workhouse in 1841, I don't know if the records are available but it would make the marriage after that date as they are together in 1851.

I did pass a death for a Silvester Howis registered in Cuckfield in June 1838, obviously not your lady but it may be a relative and could give you a clue and if it was a parent explain why she was in the workhouse.

I also saw an entry in the Trinity House Calendars, petitions from merchant seamen and their families requesting aid.
    Agnis Kemp age 47, widow of Samuel of Dover, 1797 (Book 58, Series 1). Again maybe a relative.