Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    There's been a quite a large box on the right-hand side of the home page of familyhistoryonline for months, saying that the data is being transferred to findmypast.
    Actually I might have a final five-quids-worth to just check on those odd data sets which can't be transferred to fmp.
    Pam
    As of midnight 18th February 2009 they are not accepting any more users or payments.

Reputation beyond repute

You may be interested to know that, according to the SoG list, the site administrators intend to annotate the database list to indicate which datasets are transferring to findmypast and which are disappearing into limbo.

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    You may be interested to know that, according to the SoG list, the site administrators intend to annotate the database list to indicate which datasets are transferring to findmypast and which are disappearing into limbo.
    Further to this topic, you may be interested in the second message in this thread recently posted in soc.genealogy.britain -

https://
    groups.google.com/group/soc.genealogy.britain/browse_thread/thread/e580e3fb143e41ce
    Last edited by Guest; 22-02-2009 at 9:03 AM. Reason: Commercial link

Hollytree

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    And you never know what little gem(s) you might find.
    I remember doing a blanket search for one surname and finding burial dates and plot numbers in a very large cemetery for two people who had died when quite young. Saved me going when looking on later censuses for the family.
    Pam
    Yes I have just woken up to the fact that I had some pennies to spend, so did a few blanket searches to find my gggrandfather had been commited to prison in 1841, the one year that no census for him is in existance! So even if I don't know where his family are I have a clue where he is!:
    Anne

NFurniss

Smile Nick at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
    Yes I have to spend, . . .find my gggrandfather had been commited to prison in 1841, the one year that no census for him is in existance! So even if I don't know where his family are I have a clue where he is!:
    Anne
    I call that cool comfort. Find your great gran'daddy in the cooler. It is the last place you would look.
    NF.

Hollytree

Quote Originally Posted by NFurniss View Post
    I call that cool comfort. Find your great gran'daddy in the cooler. It is the last place you would look.
    NF.
    Hmmmmmmmmm and he was found not guilty too! Poor, and accused of receiving a stolen cheese, had eleven sprogs to feed

Anne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12