Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Paul M

Default 1911 census Josephine Fray

The 1911 census gives an entry for Josephine Fray age3, Parents Bertie & Agnes Mary Fray. Reading.
    Dose anyone have a birth, marriage etc for this person?

Geoffers

Possibly this entry in the GRO index relates to her birth:

Jun 1907 - FRAY, Agnes Joephine - Reading - Vol.2c Page 369

Paul M

I also found this entry in Free BMD, but there is an entry in Free BMD Agnes Josephine Reading Deaths, Agnes Josephine 1909 age 2.

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

There is a possible marriage 1900 Sept Qtr Woolwich Vol 1d Page 2420 Bertie Fray and Agnes Wharton on the same page.
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Paul M

Default 1911 census Josephine Fray

Thanks Michael
    Bertie Fray and Agnes Wharton are the parents of Florence Fray
    Yours Paul

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Paul M
    I also found this entry in Free BMD, but there is an entry in Free BMD Agnes Josephine Reading Deaths, Agnes Josephine 1909 age 2.
    Curses - does the 1911 census show Josephine as being born in Reading?

Any luck with variant spellings? - FR(A)Y(E)??

Have you tried the parish registers for baptisms?

Paul M

Did not look at the actual image of the 1911 census, I will pay to view when I have more than one question for the site.

And I have had no luck with variant spellings
    Yours Paul

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Paul M
    Did not look at the actual image of the 1911 census, I will pay to view when I have more than one question for the site.
    You can of course search the index for free and try a search for Josephine FRAY born in Reading and living in Reading. If you get no luck with that, you might try a few variations for local places.

Using the advanced search facility you can search by relationship to head of household to see if she was a daughter, adopted, niece, etc.

Though of course, the best thing to do is view the actual image so that you know precisely what is shown and can confirm that Josephine was a daughter of the parents that you have mentioned.

Paul M

Thanks for that tip on searching.
    It dose show Josephine FRAY born in Reading and living in Reading and daughter.
    Yours Paul

Geoffers

It might be worth contacting the Regsitrar's office in Reading and seeing if they would do a search for you and if they have a record of the birth of your lass? It may be one of those that has escaped through the net and not ended up on the GRO index; or been somehow misinterpreted for the index.

I suggest 'phoning them and including lots of 'pretty pleases' and mentioning how helpful they are, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast